KH control

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for success and failure feedback for using KH Director to control 2-part dosing.

Anybody have good luck? Overshoot issues or ringing (hunting oscillations) etc. issues? Disasters?

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Works beautifully, had it control my ALK for the last 3 years. Stability is key, so even if it’s off by a little, as long as it keeps it stable, it’s all good. I test bi-monthly with their reference solution and calibrate it based on that, it’s usually pretty spot-on, but again the absolute value means nothing

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using it for a while, when I was maintaining alk through dosing of Fritz Alkalinity, using a GHL Doser. Then I switched to using a calcium reactor, which is being dosed with a versa doser. I'd have preferred to use the Profilux to manage the dosing, but I needed the Maxi Doser for that and I couldn't get one. I now have one on order so will probably switch back to managed dosing.

But, as you probably know - the Profilux control algorithm is pretty simplistic - they give you a choice of what they call "add on" or "adaptive" control. They don't have true PID control for some reason. That, combined with the fact that you will probably only be measuring alk every few hours, but using it to control doses that will be given much more frequently, means that you will still want to babysit the dosing even if you have automated control set up. At least until things seem to be dialed in.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No issues on my side. Been doing two part on one system and then other system is three part without any problems.

I test manually every month just to make sure everything aligned but overall very happy with the results.

OP
OP
B

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No issues on my side. Been doing two part on one system and then other system is three part without any problems.

I test manually every month just to make sure everything aligned but overall very happy with the results.

Can you detail your setup?
How many readings a day
How is your dosing control setup, base dose and controlled dose for the 3 pumps.

I am running Triton (3) part with pars 3a and 3b combined.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 185 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.7%
Back