KH Director + 1-Part AIO Dosing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Given that KH Director can manage 2-part dosing and/or calcium reactors to optimize Alkalinity, would it be be useful in managing a 1-part all in one solution?

I've recently switched to Tropic Marin All for Reef, but would still like to automate monitoring and control of my dosing (regular manual testing a pain point for right now), especially since I mix my own AFR.

A couple questions to the folks at GHL and current Director owners:
  • Do you believe that KH Director will expand to be able to control/dose AIO solutions?
  • Or, is KHD currently capable of effective management out of the box?
  • Alternatively, would ION Director be of greater benefit for this regimen?
  • Would there be any benefits from using ION and KH Director together?
Thanks!

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming your Ca and KH levels are already balanced, yes the KHD can adjust the dosing of this product.

In your case with the AFR supplement, the IOND would still benefit you by automating your Ca testing along with the other parameters it can test for. However, if either Ca or KH levels fall out of balance, you will still need to dose one of those supplements separately to compensate for any differences.

OP
OP
argiBK

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
However, if either Ca or KH levels fall out of balance, you will still need to dose one of those supplements separately to compensate for any differences.

Thanks for the fast and clear response! I'll certainly keep backup reservoirs of 2-part in case dKH or Cal fall below target.

Working on attaining stability over the next week, but ideally looking to start with Profilux and then add on the Director units shortly after. Do you have a sense of how long an Ion Director order will take a fulfill, given the stated delays on site?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately there is no direct answer as it depends on how many units can be allocated for the North American market for the first shipment. Once we get through all the pre-orders, we can start working on the new orders that came afterwards.

If you haven't done so already, sign up for our newsletter. That's where we are sending IOND updates first. :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 53.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.5%
Back