KH Director + Doser 2.1 SA question. Help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Pedro Pereira

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of buying a KH director + a 2.1 doser SA bundle and need to clarify something.

Here is my scenario: I will be using the KH director do measure/maintain dKH at 7.5 using aquaforest component 2+ (KH). So, pumps 1 to 3 on the SA will be used for the KH director operation and pump 4 will be used to dose the variable amount of AF component 2+ needed to maintain dKH at 7.5. Then, I will be getting a second 2.1 doser slave to dose AF component 1+ (calcium/Mag) and component 3+ (other trace elements). These, Aquaforest components being basically a balling method, need to be dosed at the precise same amount (component 1+ = component 2+ = component 3+).

So...my question is: Is it possible to set the pumps in the slave doser to dose the exact same amount used in pump 4 (KH) in the SA, taking into consideration that this amount is a variable dependent of the KH measurement given by the KH director?

Hope my question is clear enough.

Thanks for your help.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it has the ability to alter how much of the other additives are used based on the Alk pump.

You can download and read the full manual, but here's the relevant part

upload_2018-4-16_10-45-42.png

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back