KH Director/ Doser Help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Boonz28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Okay i'm at my wits end here guys.
Background, I bought a used KH Director (firmware 1.00) with SA Doser 2 set.
I also have a Profilux4 (firmware version 7.24) that i now have the doser hooked up to via PAB.
I connected to the Doser by itself (while is was unhooked from everything else) updated the firmware (1.36), and went through the entire setup process.
Then i connected to the doser again via USB/GCC , set the doser to Slave operation, saved, and power cycled the doser.
Next i reconnected the PAB cables to the P4, connected the P4 to GCC via USB and added the doser under PAB devices.
All going well so far, however when i go to configuration on the Doser it is grayed out, so i can't assign the pump numbers (i assume they should be assigned 1-4 by default as I don't have any other pumps assigned to those numbers).
When i was hooked up directly to the doser i was able to control the pumps from GCC or the App, now however I have no control over the pumps via the P4 and am at a loss.

Sorry for the lengthy post but I've tried to include any relevant information so people don't have to ask it of me before they can help.

Any help on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated.

- Ben

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the Doser and KH connected to the P4? Meaning P4>kh>doser? In your comments above you don’t say if the KH is connected. Did the doser drop after adding the KH? Did you add the KH to your PAB devices? After you added the KH did you re add the Doser if it’s in a different link in the PAB chain?

Double check that the doser is still set to slave.

OP
OP
Boonz28

Boonz28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I should clarify, the doser is a 2 .1, however when i added it in GCC it is recognized as a Doser 2 (i don't know if this is normal).
I just verified that the doser is in fact still in slave mode.
As for how the Doser is connected to the P4 the path via PAB cables goes: P4>PowerBar 6E>Maxi Doser>Doser 2.1>KH Director.
The other PAB port on the P4 is connected to a ProfiLux Touch.
The KH director is connected via PAB, poweredup and added to the system via PAB devices in GCC.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you set up the doser head numbers on the Maxi to be #1&2 and then the Doser 2.1 as 3,4,5,6? Basically, I’m asking that you don’t have any doser heads duplicated.

OP
OP
Boonz28

Boonz28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maxi heads were 5&6
Update: just got it working.
I went through and removed the Doser 2.1 and KH director from PAB devices in GCC, re-added them, then power cycled everything including the P4.
Disconnected from GCC, then reconnected and presto, it was working. o_O
This is the 2nd time i've done this so not sure why it took this time but i'm glad it did.
thank you for your help AZMSGT.
I'm sure i'll have more questions in the future lol

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back