KH director questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, currently looking into KH director , so i been reading there are a lot of older models made, how can one distinguish between the older manufacturing and the newer ones? https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/kh-director-with-white-2-1-sa-4-pump-doser-ghl.html , is this one old or new model

I understand that it takes about 100 ML , which can add up in a small tank like mines (60g) and the 4 heads on the 2.1 doser are all used, by KH director and to dose alkalinity . Is it possible to add on a extra doser to dose fresh salt water for the make up of 100 mL salt water gone and dose Mag , CA , exactly which model is needed slave ? 2.1 maxi? or do you Need the Profliux to control more dosers

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 2.1 stand alone doser has the software built in for the kh director,I dont Use ghl reagent,I use acid which is a fraction of the cost and it goes straight back in to my sump (ask if any one else returns to there sump same size as yours)

OP
OP
LOVEROCK

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 2.1 stand alone doser has the software built in for the kh director,I dont Use ghl reagent,I use acid which is a fraction of the cost and it goes straight back in to my sump (ask if any one else returns to there sump same size as yours)
How many total gallons in your system ?

Trivan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand that it takes about 100 ML , which can add up in a small tank like mines (60g) and the 4 heads on the 2.1 doser are all used, by KH director and to dose alkalinity .

You can adjust the amount of water to use. I think in one of the older threads re:KHD, some said that they used 50ml and it was still accurate.

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, currently looking into KH director , so i been reading there are a lot of older models made, how can one distinguish between the older manufacturing and the newer ones? https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/kh-director-with-white-2-1-sa-4-pump-doser-ghl.html , is this one old or new model

I understand that it takes about 100 ML , which can add up in a small tank like mines (60g) and the 4 heads on the 2.1 doser are all used, by KH director and to dose alkalinity . Is it possible to add on a extra doser to dose fresh salt water for the make up of 100 mL salt water gone and dose Mag , CA , exactly which model is needed slave ? 2.1 maxi? or do you Need the Profliux to control more dosers

Instead of wasting a dosing head, I actually mix salt into my ATO to 1.006 and when it tops off my tank, it keeps the salinity level at 1.026. I test 6X a day with 100ml for each test. My total water volume is ~200g.

Back