KH Director Reagent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

First let me say that I wish you all well, and that you are safe and healthy with your families.

I was wondering if is it possible to put the KHD reagent into a dosing container? I have drilled a hole in the cap of the reagent and put dosing tube through it but the problem is that the tube curls up in the end and the Reagent liquid is blue (and the bottle is opaque) so I can't see if the tip of the tube reaches all the way to the bottom, whether it is curled up, etc.

Thinking about pouring the reagent into a dosing container so I am certain that the dosing tube reaches all the way to the bottom of the container. This is critical for me because if the line starts drawing air instead of reagent I may get a wrong reading and given I am using controlled dosing (Add on) it could wreck havoc in my All dosing.

Many thanks and kind regards

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can put it in a different container.

However if you set up the dosing pump with the proper container size and an alarm at say 20-30% you would be fine. (this is what I have done)

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some good ideas.

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

First let me say that I wish you all well, and that you are safe and healthy with your families.

I was wondering if is it possible to put the KHD reagent into a dosing container? I have drilled a hole in the cap of the reagent and put dosing tube through it but the problem is that the tube curls up in the end and the Reagent liquid is blue (and the bottle is opaque) so I can't see if the tip of the tube reaches all the way to the bottom, whether it is curled up, etc.

Thinking about pouring the reagent into a dosing container so I am certain that the dosing tube reaches all the way to the bottom of the container. This is critical for me because if the line starts drawing air instead of reagent I may get a wrong reading and given I am using controlled dosing (Add on) it could wreck havoc in my All dosing.

Many thanks and kind regards

I have mine in a glass dosing container. Has been working like a charm!

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some good ideas.
I love these (I am a subscriber to BRS TV since 2012) but unfortunately where I live it is not possible to find the acrylic rods required. So I need to buy a brand container unfortunately.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back