KH Guardian: Automatic Alkalinity Controller- My Experiences

Mike810

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize if this has already been asked. Is anyone dumping the discharge back into their tank after a test or is everyone running it to a waste container? I got in on the early bird special for the discount but have yet to set up my tank as it will not be ready until mid April. Thanks for the answer.

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did initially for 30 days with no effect, I am not now as I have changed the installation location

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how much impact there is to accuracy if you have a +/- 5ml dilution to the reagent.

DP REEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dumped into the skimmer but it overflowed twice cause it's a decent amount of water. Moved to a separate container outside of my stand

Didn't see any affect on tank when it overflowed but makes me nervous

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how much impact there is to accuracy if you have a +/- 5ml dilution to the reagent.

I'm not sure. I would be inclined to think that it will still be reasonably accurate.

I don't think returning it to the tank will be a problem, that being said I save mine in a container and dump it down the drain. I replace what it takes out with fresh saltwater.

Mike810

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other day I remember there being a post to a facebook group I follow regarding an update for the missing digits you guys are experiencing. Has any of you contacted coralvue for the update? I didn't even bother because I have yet to setup my KHG.

DP REEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does the %# mean? My unit has been showing %1 and %2 past few days.

03/28 08:12:52 W.132 %2 AK. 0.00 KH :8.30

Carlos@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am testing a new version of the PCB board and I think it will satisfy those people looking for increased accuracy. The new PCB board has a few changes including:
  • Static IP address
  • Compatible with the upcoming "Advanced Interface Module" that will allow you to connect the unit to a 3rd party controller
  • Does not round off results to 1 decimal point therefore increasing it's testing accuracy
Here is a picture of my Data Log with the new PCB board. You judge for yourself!

Screen Shot on 2017-04-05 at 14_52_35.png

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am testing a new version of the PCB board and I think it will satisfy those people looking for increased accuracy. The new PCB board has a few changes including:
  • Static IP address
  • Compatible with the upcoming "Advanced Interface Module" that will allow you to connect the unit to a 3rd party controller
  • Does not round off results to 1 decimal point therefore increasing it's testing accuracy
Here is a picture of my Data Log with the new PCB board. You judge for yourself!

Screen Shot on 2017-04-05 at 14_52_35.png

Awesome Carlos! When will these become available for us?

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably in the next couple of weeks. We need to test them to make sure they are ok so we want to let them run for a little bit to gather enough information!

Check this out as well.... :)

Screen Shot on 2017-04-05 at 15_41_35.png

That's really exciting! Oh man, that's totally made my day, the KHG just got even better.

Arsen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure. I would be inclined to think that it will still be reasonably accurate.

I don't think returning it to the tank will be a problem, that being said I save mine in a container and dump it down the drain. I replace what it takes out with fresh saltwater.

Wouldn't constant dumping of saltwater and replacement with fresh water screw up your salinity level? This is why they said the waste water can be dumped back into the tank I suppose

Carlos@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't constant dumping of saltwater and replacement with fresh water screw up your salinity level? This is why they said the waste water can be dumped back into the tank I suppose

It all depends on the size of your tank, how many times a day you test. Too many variables for it to be a viable universal statement.

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

One liter in a 600L system over several days doesn't account for much of a change in salinity. If I never replace it eventually my salinity would drop because the ATO would automatically replace it. But the frequency that I do it doesn't amount to any noticeable change.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back