KH Keeper Plus vs Alkatronic

Nathan80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK - so my trident has failed and after multiple problems I'm getting a refund (its only 4 months old). Main thing I'm interested in is monitoring KH - I had one of the very first KH Keepers last year and I'll be honest at the time it was a disaster! I'm running an Alkatronic on another tank and it seems to work pretty well, but I'm always open to giving manufacturers a chance as things improve - which Reef Factory seem to have done.

Has anyone run the AT and the new KH Keeper Plus at the same time who can let me know any 'gotchas' or anything I need to know before making a decision on which way to jump? I am swaying towards giving Reef Factory another chance at the minute (I run the GHL KH Director and profilux on another tank and I'm not interested in going down that route again so that's already ruled out)

TIA

DavidRZ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the same boat and have the same question. Why are you against the KH Guardian? Seems to get the best reviews consistently out of this group, assuming you haven't had much luck.

OP
OP
N

Nathan80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The KH Guardian isn't App enabled is it to my knowledge? Being able to get a warning on my phone if something is wrong is really useful!

DavidRZ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"This data is then viewable on myGHL, ProfiLux Touch, ProfiLux display, and additional external display unit."

YOu can view the data, unsure if you can program it to send alerts without the P4.

OP
OP
N

Nathan80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah - that tank hasn't got a Profilux on it so I need something that is natively app/internet enabled ideally

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know it’s not a option you listed but the kh director from GHL is the best investment I have made, i to had a trident and the alk readings were always all over the place, the kh director also has affordable reagents

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have experience with the reef factory kh keeper or hk keeper pro? I'm in North America, so not available to me, but I think its one of the slickest looking monitor/doser options

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have experience with the reef factory kh keeper or hk keeper pro? I'm in North America, so not available to me, but I think its one of the slickest looking monitor/doser options
@HuduVudu

This person just got a dosing pump from reef factory so they may be able to give you some info

Iv been considering having one shipped over as from what iv read they are pretty good

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what they posted to me all the info I have currently

Just got my Reef Factory dosing pump. WOW!!!! the setup was a joke. I did it from my computer, I could have just as easily done it from my phone. This is what setups should be.

I found the WiFi access point. I set my WiFi to it. I went to dosingpump.io on my browser. I came up with prompts. I followed them. I entered my WiFi. POWWW! I was in. It showed the IP for the device. I forgot it. Went to my router found the IP then pasted into the browser and I was in. My gawd that is how setups should work.

Can't say anything yet about the hardware. I need to get an adapter for it. I did spy a kewl feature that let's me know that I need to calibrate the heads. I think I like that.

periocillin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reeffactory kh keeper plus perfect, I have been using it for months always precise

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The app enabled was one of the thing I considered when I went with the Alkatronic. I currently use Hydros and AT is compatible with it. However, with the recent issue with Focustronic customer service I decided to ditch all my FT gears and went back to the Kh Guardian after finding out from Alex that it works with the Hydros.

I am not sure if the KHG is compatible with the Apex (I'm assuming that is what you are using). But the good thing about the KHG is that parts and replacements are easier to source and cheaper to replace.

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Shooter6 I just got the 3 head doser. The interface is really simple and you have port 80 access.

They have a full line of stuff. Not sure how to get all of it. One thing though is that you will need to get new DC converters. My doser is using 12VDC 2A so it is super easy to get them.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Shooter6 I just got the 3 head doser. The interface is really simple and you have port 80 access.

They have a full line of stuff. Not sure how to get all of it. One thing though is that you will need to get new DC converters. My doser is using 12VDC 2A so it is super easy to get them.
Where did you order it from? And the plug adapter, is it just one from homedepot ect or did you have to get a different power supply? Any and all details would be greatly appreciated

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you order it from? And the plug adapter, is it just one from homedepot ect or did you have to get a different power supply? Any and all details would be greatly appreciated
I got it from EBay. You can get the power supply from anywhere. I am going to get mine today from EBay. The power supply in the box for the 3 head doser was 12VDC 2Amp. You just need to match the specs from what ever doser or product you order. The adapters in the box won't work.

Be warned they do not distribute in the US and you won't be able to get help. The videos aren't super great but if you are savy enough you can get what you need. Truly though with my setup it was so unbelievably easy, but not everyone might have this experience. Plus, if the unit is bad you will have to work the seller. Also for whatever reason shipping from Germany takes much longer than shipping from China. Go figure.

Here is their line up:

For me, I was at my wits end with the crappy controllers and products available to me I was willing to lose the money to try to get something that would work. I have just done the software setup using a Tunze power supply that I had. It was only rated for 1.6Amps so as soon as I set up the software I just put the doser back in the box until I can get the right power supply. I didn't even put the heads on.

Hopefully this helps.

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the ghl kh director and it was terrible wish I had of gone with the alkatronic in the first place.
alkatronic is great and so is the mastertronic

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it from EBay. You can get the power supply from anywhere. I am going to get mine today from EBay. The power supply in the box for the 3 head doser was 12VDC 2Amp. You just need to match the specs from what ever doser or product you order. The adapters in the box won't work.

Be warned they do not distribute in the US and you won't be able to get help. The videos aren't super great but if you are savy enough you can get what you need. Truly though with my setup it was so unbelievably easy, but not everyone might have this experience. Plus, if the unit is bad you will have to work the seller. Also for whatever reason shipping from Germany takes much longer than shipping from China. Go figure.

Here is their line up:

For me, I was at my wits end with the crappy controllers and products available to me I was willing to lose the money to try to get something that would work. I have just done the software setup using a Tunze power supply that I had. It was only rated for 1.6Amps so as soon as I set up the software I just put the doser back in the box until I can get the right power supply. I didn't even put the heads on.

Hopefully this helps.
Yeah I know their lineup and have communicated with them numerous times on getting their products here too. They keep saying soon but nothing yet. I'll search ebay again .

charliethetuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im in the same boat i would like to purschase a device to measure my alk .. i dont care about the others..i was looking at the alktronic or the kh keeper plus .i have an older neptune apex (black model ) which cant use the trident. Which is the most reliable ? And easy to use

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im in the same boat i would like to purschase a device to measure my alk .. i dont care about the others..i was looking at the alktronic or the kh keeper plus .i have an older neptune apex (black model ) which cant use the trident. Which is the most reliable ? And easy to use
I’ve never tried the others. But I’ve been happy with my alkatronic. I have used it for a bit more than 2 years.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back