kH tester

iLMaRiO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the ones that built an automated kH tester with hCl titration: which precision we need in both ph probe and reagent dosing ?
In example, an accuracy of +/– 0.2 in ph reading, would affect the kH measurement? And for the hcl doser ? dosing 1ml or 1.0 +/- 0.2 ml is the same ?

Because if an accuracy of +/- 0.2 results in a kh with accuracy of +/- 0.1 i think would be good anyway.

OP
OP
I

iLMaRiO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so a probe with +/- 0.2 accuracy and dosing +/- 0.2 ml of 0.02N reagent won't affect the result?

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so a probe with +/- 0.2 accuracy and dosing +/- 0.2 ml of 0.02N reagent won't affect the result?
Yes it will affect the result. The accuracy you obtain is dependent on the accuracy of the titration dosing device and of the measurement device. You can calculate the effect quite simply in a spreadsheet and decide whether the result suits your requirements.

OP
OP
I

iLMaRiO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it will affect the result. The accuracy you obtain is dependent on the accuracy of the titration dosing device and of the measurement device. You can calculate the effect quite simply in a spreadsheet and decide whether the result suits your requirements.
do you have the right formula to do the calc ? i've found different version..

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back