KHD not holding Alk steady

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

nezw0001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had my KHD set up for quite some time. For the longest time I just manually controlled it but over the last couple of months I've been using the control feature. It doesn't seem to hold ALK very steady. Are my settings correct? Any suggestions?
graph1.jpg

settings.jpg

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the graph, it is keeping it within the range you specified. It is going to move up and down and will not be a flat line throughout due to too many variables such as water changes and alk consumption. If you want a slightly tighter graph, lower your limit to raise.

I don't see it as a big deal.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your daily consumption? If your Nominal 8.5 it almost like your over dosing because your average is 8.9 to begin with.

Here Mine, my Nominal Value is 7.5. The 8.0 was a new mixture of Salt Water coming in. This is what I would expected that you would be much closer to the Average your looking for.
KH Direcector.jpg

OP
OP
nezw0001

nezw0001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your daily consumption? If your Nominal 8.5 it almost like your over dosing because your average is 8.9 to begin with.

Here Mine, my Nominal Value is 7.5. The 8.0 was a new mixture of Salt Water coming in. This is what I would expected that you would be much closer to the Average your looking for.
KH Direcector.jpg
shouldn't the controller feature adjust so it isn't overdosing?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it does compensate and dose down. As you can see in your screenshot it doing -46% what I was concerned with is your average is over your nominal value.

It reduced your dose by almost 50% already and still seems it could do even more as your always high.

What is your normal dosing amount?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KHD fine-tunes an existing dose schedule only after you've found the baseline dosage for your system. Based on the calculated adjustment, you are dosing well over what your system requires. The KHD shows that it had to reduce your dosage by 46%!

I recommend you disable KHD adjustment until you have found your baseline dosage. Once you've found it, re-enable control and adjust the limits. There is little need to have those at 100% unless you're a coral facility and continuously cycling through large amounts of coral.
Our KH control video explains how these features work:

Gribbliest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My KHD/Profilux does a great job of keeping my ALK steady. I have my nominal value set at 9.4. I typically see it at 9.4 throughout the day, followed by a drop in the evening to around 9.1.

Yesterday I had an unsual Alk 'spike' after adding some Mg on Monday evening. (I can't see any other reason for the increase). As you can see, the Profilux did as expected, reducing my dosing of 2-part, and brought it back down nicely to be in range!

1582747400441.png

Yup, I'm currently dosing around 110ml of Kent Tech CB Part A+B a day. Waiting for my Calcium Reactor to arrive, and then I have to work through tuning this all over again :D

Back