Kidney Stones

Let me start off by saying I take a medication that I have to take to prevent seizures however the side effect of it is Kidney stones. I no longer count stones under 3 mm in size. Of the larger size in the last 15 years that I have been on that medication I have passed 320+ as of yesterday. Or about 2 a month of the smaller versions I think it is 2 a week. My largest was 19 mm in size that I somehow passed. Normal size for me is in the 7-8 mm range for my larger ones. All I know is that bigger than that and I am screaming when they do pass.

Nice huh even my doctor has said we can't screw with your medication as it is the only one that stops your seizures from happening allergic to the rest of them. How I battle them is higher acid foods and push the fluids also. Hell I drink so much water in the summer I can down a gallon in a day. I am also on Aldactone a medication that pushes the kidneys to work harder it helps.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new