Killed a coral today in the worst way possible. I'm Sad :(

exalectric

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did it ever come back to life? I just accidentally cracked my frogspawn into 3 sections while moving him..... I glued him back together but he looks awful now.
I had a new frogspawn, it was not totally happy with the placement never really came out much just a few polyps and only about 1/4 an inch. I decided to move it and in the process of trying to get it off the rock being as gentle as I could the base shattered into 10 pieces. I'm supper bummed out as I got into this hobby because I love corals and wanted to take care of these things that nature created and humanity is doing a poor job of conserving, so for one to be destroyed by my hand is super defeating, and I keep beating myself up for it (figuratively.)

Anyone else have any similar situations you care to share so I don't feel like such an butt? or come to some understanding that these things happen in the hobby.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did it ever come back to life? I just accidentally cracked my frogspawn into 3 sections while moving him..... I glued him back together but he looks awful now.
It happened a few times for me. One time I glued it back because it wasn’t to bad and it made it. I can’t remember what happened to it now lol

RocksNStuff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've also had the accidental frag happen to me :). It sucks but don't beat yourself up. Chalk it up to learning.

GrapevineReefs

Chalices & Carnations
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just noticed the backside of a $800 rainbow trachy has been getting beat up BAD by a common frogspawn colony, bad angle didn’t catch it until the damage was done. long sip of coffee, deep breath and do what you can to heal it up, coral can amaze you as much as they can break your heart.

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved some rock around to catch a fish and move some coral. My 8in+ rock flower anemone decided to go on a walkabout and nuke my newish hammer coral. Sigh.....

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I crushed 3 heads of pink octospawn the same way. Paid a fortune for it then killed it the next day. I saved one head by gluing the skeleton back together. But it was never right and died about 6 months later.

Jordan92595

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a new frogspawn, it was not totally happy with the placement never really came out much just a few polyps and only about 1/4 an inch. I decided to move it and in the process of trying to get it off the rock being as gentle as I could the base shattered into 10 pieces. I'm supper bummed out as I got into this hobby because I love corals and wanted to take care of these things that nature created and humanity is doing a poor job of conserving, so for one to be destroyed by my hand is super defeating, and I keep beating myself up for it (figuratively.)

Anyone else have any similar situations you care to share so I don't feel like such an butt? or come to some understanding that these things happen in the hobby.
Did it make it ?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 125 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%

Back