KILLER GANGSTA POMPOM CRAB ?!

JcK03

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2017
Messages
84
Reaction score
52
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
⁉️⁉️⁉️
Do anyone have already encountered some mysterious fishy or invert dead in a nano tank having a pompom crab in it ?
I have recently some suspicious dead in my Evo 13.5g, and a post here yesterday showing a pompom crab killing/eating harlequin shrimp have lighten up something in my head ... So I have make some research on Google and found some testimony of poeple experiencing the same thing, and poeple who have seen in front of their eyes their pompom killing fish/shrimp..
Did I have a bad luck to have a Killer Gangsta pompom crab in my Evo ?!!!


I said suspicious dead cause it was fishes who are out and about, eating well the morning and found dead under a rock the same day in the evening with some little chunk taken of them.. a cleaner shrimp who was eating well and through the night was totally disappeared (no body left) in a 13.5g with a really minimalist rockscape and tight lid
 
I don’t have any first hand experience, but always follow the rule that anything is possible. Pom Poms have a reputation of being reef safe, but like any other creature of nature there are exceptions!
 
I had a Pom Pom crab that kept trying to pounce on my pistol shrimp.

IMG_6938.gif

IMG_6937.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new