Killer of Crabs

ThunderGoose

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2016
Messages
938
Reaction score
1,176
Location
Beverly, Mass
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something killed a red gorilla crab in my 55 gallon yesterday. It is dead, not just a shed carapace, only 1/2 inch (2 cm) across.




I didn't know I had a gorilla crab. ;Jawdrop

Law and Order: Tranquility Base Reef Tank!
Who done it?
My tank is peaceful for the most part but I do have four urchins (hitchhikers), a common starfish (my lead suspect), some emerald crabs, serpent and brittle stars (big ones), a chiton, and shrimp. I think the sexy shrimp are cleared for now (unless they ganged up the gorilla).

Dun dun.
 
What about fish? Out of what you listed so far, the Emerald Crab would be my prime suspect ;)
 
Could've just died too, don't rule that out haha I've had emerald crabs that look great one day and then just die the next. I know gorilla crabs are supposed to be bulletproof but at the end of the day they are still just little crabs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new