• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

KILLER SPS colonies - not frags - for ~$100 - Divers Den

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$100 a colony - not a frag
cool.gif

These new price are RIDICULOUS - the pieces that some of these vendors are getting in are just like these. They get lucky with a real nice one, THEN jack the price sky high and frag it up.
Diver Den charges just about the same $79-$129 for ANY sps colony they get in.

These were $129

(I didn't pick them up - no cashola, but would have loved to)

120709-128a.jpg

_cfimg1572542006633189597.png

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw both of those. Live Aquaria is an excellent company to deal with and with a 14 day guarantee, you can't go wrong. Their specimens are shipped out healthy and top notch!

thomasdo87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are they wild caught? I have been seeing crazy low prices for colonies, but at the same time I seen some of the same frags of the colonies go cost more than the entire colony. I guess with the 14 day guarantee you cant go wrong at LA, but I know other sites have been selling colonies a lot cheaper than frags and was wondering why?

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because they're unproven wild colonies that are priced as they should be....

They should do well if your water quality is up to par...

jaslapp1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of their colonies are wild. Those two look like they were maricultured.

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They indicate whether they are wild or maricultured colonies. Those 2 are wild....

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First off this is the wrong forum. Second off I don't mind sharing deals, but I do from LA. They have had plenty of opportunity to support our community here and they do not. I have spoken with them several times. That being said I am not going to allow them free advertising here. It's just not fair. Also I don't appreciate the shot you took at the vendors who actually support our community.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw both of those. Live Aquaria is an excellent company to deal with and with a 14 day guarantee, you can't go wrong. Their specimens are shipped out healthy and top notch!

I just posted a long thread on my local forum about my happiness with LA and DD.
I have yet to get a coral that doesn't match the picture, is shipped in anything other than crazy nice packaging, for prices that are great.

are they wild caught? I have been seeing crazy low prices for colonies, but at the same time I seen some of the same frags of the colonies go cost more than the entire colony. I guess with the 14 day guarantee you cant go wrong at LA, but I know other sites have been selling colonies a lot cheaper than frags and was wondering why?

Everything that you see from any vendor is wild unless otherwise stated.

Maricultured are corals that are cut from the wild colony in the ocean, then moved to a plug in a "raceway" of sorts that they let it grow out on, then remove and ship when it is big enough.
Aquacultured is self-explanatory.

Divers Den has different sections that you can check and order from. I personally don't care if it is wild or maricultured. I have the same luck with either of them as long as I don't cut them up and let them grow into their own.

From my experience, 50%-75% of the stuff that I have gotten wild then cut in half (not fragged out) with a buddy to share, has either died or morphed from the stress.
90% of the wild stuff has done well for me if I leave it alone for 3-6 months.

OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off this is the wrong forum. Second off I don't mind sharing deals, but I do from LA. They have had plenty of opportunity to support our community here and they do not. I have spoken with them several times. That being said I am not going to allow them free advertising here. It's just not fair. Also I don't appreciate the shot you took at the vendors who actually support our community.

Rev - I can understand your point that LA doesn't support the forum. I didn't realize they were contacted and denied support. That sucks.

2nd - I don't and will not support ANY vendor on any forum that doesn't support me. That includes taking proper pictures, and striving to provide the best pricing and support.
I also do not agree with being a CHOP-SHOP of sorts for the sole purpose to increase the bottom line.

These are LIVE ANIMALS, not just some piece of plastic. They deserve the same respect, as do I.
That respect is not shown in the current trend in pricing, or in the actions some vendors choose to take.

If these same vendors were bringing in this wild stuff, letting it heal for 3-6 months, grow some, then sell frags for $100+ 1/2", I would have NO ISSUE at all with it.

The trend has gone from taking care of the coral and the customer to figuring out how to increase the bottom line. The only way to bring about change is to voice our opinions.

This is MY opinion.

Rev - I think it is high time you contact LA again so they can share their wares with us. I'd like to see them on here.
I'll contact them though facebook myself to let them know that I would like to see them support MY LOCAL FORUM - R2R

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I respect your opinions on the chop shop comments and you have the right to support any business you wish. I am just simply saying that I am not going to allow free advertising for this company and I am not going to allow shots taken at businesses that support R2R. It would be one thing if you have feedback from a vendor that you post in the forums, but to take a general shot with the whole chopping deal is not going to set well with me. I do not agree with everything, every one does, but I want to be fair.

Actually I contacted LA long ago, and they contacted me not to long ago. They don't want to pay like the other sponsors so they can't play. :)

jam3s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Those two were super nice when I saw them, but did not purchase because from my experience wild pieces that look that bright tends to brown out. And I'm saying this with wild colonies that have maintained their colors.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 59 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back