Kindle fire as touch screen for apex

Bluefish9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone else struggling to get the NEW fire in full screen? Its just not working no matter what I try. Also cant download chrome...need an engineering degree to do that. And cant make it not dim after a few min.

Help

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if this Facebook video link will work, but if it doesn't you can go to Neptune's Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/NeptuneSystems/ You will have to scroll down a ways to when this video was posted, which was June 14, 2016. Step by step instructions on how to set get it set up on the Fire, to include how to set up the Fire to not go into sleep mode. This is how I set mine up and it worked perfectly. Dolphin was not the easiest to get to download, but it did finally after a few attempts

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bluefish9

Bluefish9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That video is what made me purchase the fire. I don't understand why its so difficult to find and install an app... its crazy. At any rate... I decided to try the Opera browser and it worked perfectly. I have a question though -

Why do I want to use a browser at all as a touchscreen? Why wouldn't I just use the fusion app?

EDIT* I cant even find a fusion app thats not for ios. And people ask me constantly why I like the apple stuff. Its just simple and works. All the time. Something tells me im going to be using my iphone to control the apex and this kindle is going to my kids...

Last edited:

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To go to fusion on the tablet, you just need to open a browser, not safari :), and type in the address bar this :"https://apexfusion.com/login" or "https://apexfusion.com"

After that you can save the page...create bookmark...save id and pw.....

It does it take a while to get used to Android coming from up as an Apple user.

Anyway, the movie of Terrence is to emphasize on how to get a CHEAP display for apex, not a how easy it is to use....I guess it was the intention that we are not getting...That is his fault actually LOL.

I am sure you can use your ipad, iphone plus....for the same purpose.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just used an old Toshiba tablet I had from years ago. It's slow as molasses in January but it works:)

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The main issue i've had with mine is after a day or two the browser interface becomes fairly unresponsive. I don't ever know if the data on the screen is correct or not. I usually figure out that it's not working when i try to put on a feed mode and absolutely nothing happens. Refreshing the screen fixes it, but it's annoying to have to do that. All that being said, for the $25 i paid for a refurb fire, it gets the job done.

OP
OP
Bluefish9

Bluefish9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The main issue i've had with mine is after a day or two the browser interface becomes fairly unresponsive. I don't ever know if the data on the screen is correct or not. I usually figure out that it's not working when i try to put on a feed mode and absolutely nothing happens. Refreshing the screen fixes it, but it's annoying to have to do that. All that being said, for the $25 i paid for a refurb fire, it gets the job done.

I was thinking that might possibly be an issue. Im going to give it a shot but in all honesty, I can see myself using the iOS app on my phone mostly...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back