King Emerald Crab

  • Thread starter Thread starter blaxsun
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2020
Messages
26,700
Reaction score
29,860
Location
The Abyss
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd share a snapshot of my male emerald crab. He was 3/4" when I got him in the Fall, and he's grown to about 3" across in that short timeframe. He's usually lurking in one of his caves, but on this occasion he decided to hang out in the evening on the acro (and no, he's not eating it). Very peaceful - has been doing a bang-up job on the algae. The duncan to the right is about 2.5" for scale/reference.

971CB19B-2110-42EC-9F71-60B19EB48A21.jpeg
 
Mine isn't that bold (usually). This is somewhat out of character for him to be out and about.
I think he was grabbing some food scraps after the lights went dark. They both typically stay on the rocks.
 
I think he was grabbing some food scraps after the lights went dark. They both typically stay on the rocks.
I think you're right. Amazing how the reef comes alive in a totally different way after the lights go down...
 
my pitho crabs are more extroverted than my emerald crabs. once in a while i catch a peak at my emeralds roaming about
 
I think you're right. Amazing how the reef comes alive in a totally different way after the lights go down...
Totally agree, love my red light time with the tank at night. Interesting to see how some corals go into feed mode at night to. My bubble coral really transforms. I think the crabs eventually realize there are no threats in the tank so they get more adventurous too.
 
Totally agree, love my red light time with the tank at night. Interesting to see how some corals go into feed mode at night to. My bubble coral really transforms. I think the crabs eventually realize there are no threats in the tank so they get more adventurous too.
any red light would work?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new