OP
King_Htut

King_Htut

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally happy dancs YA BABY i am. Ready for fish!!!!! But first i need input i am looking at doing an agressive tank but i want corals in the future any recommendations?

OP
OP
King_Htut

King_Htut

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1428007258.115097.jpg

OP
OP
King_Htut

King_Htut

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking all different damsels and a Dwarf lion? And how many do you think i can house in a 75

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lionfish would eat the damsels but If you want you can add lionfish, triggerfish, groupers, small moray eel, etc. Any fish small enough to fit into their mouth will be eaten. You can put corals in such a tank but the problem is that those types of fish put out a lot of wastes and that would make it very difficult to keep the water in good enough shape for corals which need very clean water. It is better to have a predator tank, or a reef tank. Very hard to mix them.

OP
OP
King_Htut

King_Htut

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if i only had the lionfish, triggerfish, and a grouper 3 total fish in the 75 would the bioload be low enough to maintaon water for. Corals? And if so what should I intruduce first?

Iamonlyme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taking him fish shopping today so any recommendations would be great and can these fish be in an open top tank

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three fish in that tank would be low enough to maintain water quality but remember those fish I mentioned (and many total carnivores like that) get large. The lion would be a dwarf so he will stay small, the triggers get about 8" and depending on what type of grouper you get some get to 600lbs so I am sure you won't be getting one of those. Those fish are safe with corals but not crabs shrimp or urchins.
So look for a dwarf lionfish, maybe a niger trigger which is a nice blue and almost peaceful. You can get a puffer. Sharp nose puffers or dog faced puffers are nice and very hardy. Porcupine of burrfish are nice. All of those fish should be fed whole saltwater fish or clams. The lionfish will probably only eat live food but can be trained (sometimes) to eat off a stick. The triggerfish and puffers can bite you so be careful. You don't have to feed those fish every day. Every few days is fine. Good luck
Here is some information about that lionfish http://www.saltwatersmarts.com/pint...fish-dendrochirus-biocellatus-fu-manchu-5049/

Last edited:
OP
OP
King_Htut

King_Htut

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my first fish today two yellowtail damsels and a dwarf fuzzy lion I know that the damsels will eventually get eaten by the lionfish but right now it's pretty small trying to post pictures in a minute and I have a video of the lionfish eating but I don't know how to post it after doing some research I think I'm going to stay away from the triggers and the groupers I don't see my mom letting me get a 200 gallon tank before her lol

OP
OP
King_Htut

King_Htut

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the link and my local fish store recommend to feed the lionfish with goupies and mollies

OP
OP
King_Htut

King_Htut

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also could someone tell me how to upload a video thx

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the link and my local fish store recommend to feed the lionfish with goupies and mollies

Research some more, guppies are not a good diet for that fish. You need saltwater fish so after you get them eating guppies and mollies, get them to eat something from salt water.

Iamonlyme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update for Daicean app won't post:

Lionfish eating ghost shrimp and guppies
New fish: Fantail Filefish Juvenile eating frozen carnivore feast
Problem finding live feeder people only sell guppies mollies red minnows and ghost shrimp one local place had black worms but currently not in stock and recommendations

OP
OP
King_Htut

King_Htut

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today's readings

Salinity 1.025

Ammonia 0

Nitrate 5.0

Nitrite 0

Also I've add these fish to my tank. 4 yellowtail damsels, a fantail filefish, and my lion fish. I've been feeding them carnivore frozen food and mysis shrimp frozen food

OP
OP
King_Htut

King_Htut

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What can cause cloudy water to my tank?? Also my readings have been fine

Ammonia 0

Nitrate 0

Nitrite 0

I did a water change 2 days ago and cleaned my filter. What could have caused this

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.5%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.0%
Back