Kamoer Qijian 3 WQS (Water Quality Station?)

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long shot, but anyone used or seen reviews of the Kamoer Qijian 3 WQS which monitors temp, pH, ORP, Salinity and EC?
1716363010992.png

Not from the states so I dont have access to any Neptune/Apex products. I already have a Kamoer dosing pump and the Qijian 3 uses the same app, so I dont need to download another app. Just wondering how long would they keep your tank's record for, or would the interface be somewhat similar to the Apex

tedfisher496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long shot, but anyone used or seen reviews of the Kamoer Qijian 3 WQS which monitors temp, pH, ORP, Salinity and EC?
1716363010992.png

Not from the states so I dont have access to any Neptune/Apex products. I already have a Kamoer dosing pump and the Qijian 3 uses the same app, so I dont need to download another app. Just wondering how long would they keep your tank's record for, or would the interface be somewhat similar to the Apex
my experience with Kamoer i would pass on any product they sell. I have 3 x1 pro dosing pumps that do not work at all. i would look into reef pi instead.

OP
OP
disaster999

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my experience with Kamoer i would pass on any product they sell. I have 3 x1 pro dosing pumps that do not work at all. i would look into reef pi instead.
I read about reef pi but dont know if I want to spend the time and effort in figuring out how to make a monitoring unit from scratch. Not to mention the Pi shortage...no joke I tried ordering one previously and they told me to wait a year, then straight up told me because the supplier will not provide anymore pi to that retailer they had to cancel and refund my order.

Just think it would be easier to buy and use an existing eco system Im already using.

tedfisher496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read about reef pi but dont know if I want to spend the time and effort in figuring out how to make a monitoring unit from scratch. Not to mention the Pi shortage...no joke I tried ordering one previously and they told me to wait a year, then straight up told me because the supplier will not provide anymore pi to that retailer they had to cancel and refund my order.

Just think it would be easier to buy and use an existing eco system Im already using.

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The Pi shortage ended a long time ago.

OP
OP
disaster999

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$90 for the unit + $50 for international shipping, plus I need to supply my own pi 2w zero, SD card, power supply pH, and temperature probe which Im already looking at $200+ minimum at this Point and it still doesnt have ORP, Salinity, or EC sensors. Then I have to figure out how to code the Pi, mess with the interface, figure out how I can access my tanks readings when Im not at home.

I could source everything myself to make it cheaper, but I would have to source everything from multiple stores myself, spend time soldering and wiring etc but at the end of the day it still can only read temp and pH. That Kamoer unit seems a lot more attractive for my needs.

tedfisher496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$90 for the unit + $50 for international shipping, plus I need to supply my own pi 2w zero, SD card, power supply pH, and temperature probe which Im already looking at $200+ minimum at this Point and it still doesnt have ORP, Salinity, or EC sensors. Then I have to figure out how to code the Pi, mess with the interface, figure out how I can access my tanks readings when Im not at home.

I could source everything myself to make it cheaper, but I would have to source everything from multiple stores myself, spend time soldering and wiring etc but at the end of the day it still can only read temp and pH. That Kamoer unit seems a lot more attractive for my needs.
i would rather have something that i have to mess with and set it up than own something from Kamoer, My experience has forced me to avoid this garbage company at all causts.

OP
OP
disaster999

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would rather have something that i have to mess with and set it up than own something from Kamoer, My experience has forced me to avoid this garbage company at all causts.
And my experience is nothing but positive.

My days of tinkering and constantly messing with programing hardware, updating etc is over. I just want something that works out the box. You can go mess with your reef pi all you want, this isnt what im asking here.

Back