Kamoer X2SR - unable to re-connect to app

yayforjay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I have been using my Kamoer X2SR PRO for the past ~11 months without (serious) issue.

However, a couple of days ago I woke up to find the device was "offline" on the Kamoerremote app. I couldn't get it back online, so tried 'unbinding' / removing the device from my account on the app. Big mistake! I am now completely unable to re-connect/re-bind my device to the app.

It fails in a variety of ways: most commonly at 8% or 10%, or 60%.

I really have tried everything I can think of including via extensive searching on the forum: binding while next to my router, binding while 20+ feet away from the router, ensuring I have only 2.4G WiFi enabled through my router, disabling WiFi security, deleting and re-downloading the app, deleting my account on the app, making sure location services are enabled for the Kamoerremote app, turning mobile data off on my phone etc. I've even tried on 3 different Kamoerremote app accounts and on 3 different mobile phones.

I'm at a total loss for how to get this infernal thing back on the app and working again. It is driving me crazy! All the more so because it has been up and working for 11+ months without issue. I am kicking myself for unbinding the device from the app in a moment of madness - but it also shouldn't be this hard to get it back online!?

I have contacted CoralVue support and they just gave me generic advice which hasn't worked.

Has anybody experienced anything similar and had a positive outcome!?

Thanks,

Jay

chap170

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I have been using my Kamoer X2SR PRO for the past ~11 months without (serious) issue.

However, a couple of days ago I woke up to find the device was "offline" on the Kamoerremote app. I couldn't get it back online, so tried 'unbinding' / removing the device from my account on the app. Big mistake! I am now completely unable to re-connect/re-bind my device to the app.

I really have tried everything I can think of including via extensive searching on the forum: binding while next to my router, binding while 20+ feet away from the router, ensuring I have only 2.4G WiFi enabled through my router, disabling WiFi security, deleting and re-downloading the app, deleting my account on the app, making sure location services are enabled for the Kamoerremote app, turning mobile data off on my phone etc. I've even tried on 3 different Kamoerremote app accounts and on 3 different mobile phones.

I'm at a total loss for how to get this infernal thing back on the app and working again. It is driving me crazy! All the more so because it has been up and working for 11+ months without issue. I am kicking myself for unbinding the device from the app in a moment of madness - but it also shouldn't be this hard to get it back online!?

I have contacted CoralVue support and they just gave me generic advice which hasn't worked.

Thanks,

Jay
I’ve been trying all day, it fails on the binding process

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 72331216158__0B579106-0B9C-42DD-B950-DBA9268ECA7F.MOV
    590.6 KB
  • 72331220011__F4E5ADA6-3F3D-4746-9858-7447D3626815.MOV
    534.6 KB

tedfisher496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

Thanks,

Jay
I had a similar issue with the xi pro, i tried for weeks, contacted coralVue and no help. Out of frustration i requested a refund from BRS. Im a firm believer that the issue is with the App. A computer guru friend of mine took a look at the app and he recommended that i Uninstall it asap. I would cut your losses and get a echo tech versa.

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using this procedure?

- Immediately after the Red LED comes on, hold down the reset button for 2-3 seconds until the RED LED flashes TWICE and then let go of the reset button, after about 6 seconds the LED will start flashing rapidly BLUE. - Open the app on your phone or tablet (Kamoer remote) and press the + symbol to add the pump

OP
OP
Y

yayforjay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using this procedure?

- Immediately after the Red LED comes on, hold down the reset button for 2-3 seconds until the RED LED flashes TWICE and then let go of the reset button, after about 6 seconds the LED will start flashing rapidly BLUE. - Open the app on your phone or tablet (Kamoer remote) and press the + symbol to add the pump
Thanks for your reply. I think those instructions relate to the X1 Pro - the X2SR Pro isn't meant to flash rapidly blue to connect as far as I'm aware. Certainly holding the buttons as instructed doesn't result in a blue flashing light.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing a hard reset on the unit worked for me.

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your reply. I think those instructions relate to the X1 Pro - the X2SR Pro isn't meant to flash rapidly blue to connect as far as I'm aware. Certainly holding the buttons as instructed doesn't result in a blue flashing light.
Ya sorry I have an x1pro t2 , that’s how to fix it. Have you emailed kamoer ? I’ve on,y reached out to them once but they were very helpful.

chap170

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly the same as me! Had you connected/bound your device to the app previously too?
Yes previously working I’ve tried everything , separate channel on router 2.4 reset everything reinstall app deleted account, pressed reset took power cable out, have you had any luck yet

Gotfrogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three X1 Pro units that I have had for over a year without any issues. A few weeks ago I started to be unable to log into the app. I opened a ticket with Coralvue but have not heard back. As a troubleshting activuty I removed the app from my iPhone and reinstalled but it crashes as soon as I scan the QR code on any of the pumps. Cloud based reef gear with no local control is a terrible idea. Please let me know if you have any suggestions besides buying new pumps.

Can anyone in the USA log in to their KamoerRemote app?

Random_Tabby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I feel your pain. Mine's been off-line for over 8 months. Luckily it saves the programming and still functions... but I cannot view or change it. So, if it needs adjusting I simply alter the concentration in the dosing container. Far from ideal but it works. I try clicking on the pump's icon under "my devices" and nothing happens.
I've tried basically everything aside from unbinding. It's so frustrating. I just want it to stop blinking. Every time I open the doors to the sump I see it there. Blinking. Mocking me.

kamoer-offline.jpg

Gotfrogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Support had me delete the app and reinstall and it solved my issue.

jjlink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Kamoer X2SR Auto Water Change Pump was working fine for a few months, then all of a sudden it started not refilling the saltwater after changing out the old saltwater. Then it disconnected from the Wi-Fi and is no longer connected to the cloud. I know cloud devices are a disaster waiting to happen. Now after being reset it no longer broadcasts Wi-Fi or allows connection. Any Ideas how to un-brick this?

Gotfrogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 x1 pro pumps that I am unable to connect with. Tech support has been terrible. I think the problem is with the app and cloud server as I am unable to log in or create a new account.

tedfisher496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 x1 pro pumps that I am unable to connect with. Tech support has been terrible. I think the problem is with the app and cloud server as I am unable to log in or create a new account.
i have the same issue. I gave up totally, they belong in the garbage. I went as far as to get a new WIFI router and still nothing. I got a refund from BRS and got a versa.

jjlink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the solution; which worked from Kamoer support. Note my phone can't be set only to 2.4Ghz for a Wi-Fi hotspot. So I used a travel router Wi-Fi hotspot; which could. The only remaining issue it how to re-connect it to my regular home network. I am currently waiting for that answer from their support person.

Attachments

• Use mobile phone hotspot to simulate router configuration_automatic connection.pdf
    401.8 KB · Views: 19

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back