Intro to Hydros assistance

thecodingart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the announcement of the Maven, I’m looking to setup my next tank with Hydros.

I have 2x Kessil ap9x lights, 4x MP40s (post Mobius and I do have a Mobius module), 1x Sicce pump (Syncra SDC 7.0 WIFI Return Pump (800 - 1900 gph) - Sicce), 2x BRS titanium heaters, and a few other thing being prepped for setup.

What sort of setup will I be looking for on a hybrid tank? Looking for all sensors, water testers and obviously controllers.

I’d also love to attach some water change and ato DOSers (specifically). I have looked at the Kamoer X2SR but the reviews have mostly been negative.

Last edited:

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently switched from a Neptune Apex to Hydros and I have set up 3 additional hydros systems in our office. In your case all you would "need" is a Maven an XP8 and some dosers.

The thing with Hydro is you can add as much as you like. I think a better question would be what would a common Hydros Set Up be?

I would recommend a Control X4 propack plus a maven and some dosing pumps. Maven is to be released the control 4 pro pack is linked below.

This would give you 8 controllable outlets, temperature and ph monitoring, ports for leak and flow sensors, ports for dosing pumps, switch ports, and room for an additional ph or orp probe.

To add an ATO you can use the Hydros ATO kit or simply add a level sensor and a pump.

To do auto water changes you have several options. There is a preset in Hydros to do automatic water changes using multiple pumps and water level sensors. You need 2 pumps and 2 water level sensors.

Another way you can do automatic water changes is to use a dual head pump and simply program it as a simple doser. This is what I do. I picked up a stenner dual head pump and plugged it into one AC outlet. I then program it to dose 4l per day.

Untitled.png

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back