Apex: AI Nero via Neptune MXM module vs Tunze Turbelle

craiginphoenix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought an Apex 2 for my 1 year old reef tank and am trying to get as much of my reef gear as possible within Apex Fusion.

I currently have 2 AI Nero 5s and 1 Nero 3 in my 90 gallon tank. Trying to decide whether to buy the Neptune Apex MXM module or sell the Neros and get the Tunze Turbelles and use the link cable to link them with Apex. A LFS has some new-ish (used) Turbelles reasonably priced so with selling the Neros it would probably be a wash as far as price.

Any benefits to going with the Turbelles in Apex? Seems to have been supported for a long time.

Likewise does anyone have experience with the MXM? Is it as bad as the BRS reviews make it out to be? (searching it here, reviews are bad too). I would prefer to go that route because it would also integrate my Hydra lights but I don't want to buy something that is going to be buggy and only work half the time as I am on a budget and usually buy gear used and that would have to be purchased new.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
C

craiginphoenix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using the MXM for a while now and haven't had any issues with it. Setup was easy and control is great via Fusion. (XR15 and Nero3)
Thanks for the info! It is always tough to know. When I searched here and looked at reviews, there seems to be a lot of negative reviews. Some are that it doesn't have the same features as Mobius and it is more difficult to group, which I am okay with, but others saying it disconnects multiple times per week which defeats the purpose and is a deal breaker.

RoanokeReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info! It is always tough to know. When I searched here and looked at reviews, there seems to be a lot of negative reviews. Some are that it doesn't have the same features as Mobius and it is more difficult to group, which I am okay with, but others saying it disconnects multiple times per week which defeats the purpose and is a deal breaker.
I haven't had any disconnects. I used Mobius while waiting for the MXM to come in, the only feature I wish Fusion has was acclimation, I'm not familiar with what else it may be missing. I know Sync/AntiSync was but that was added a month or so ago.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back