Nero Power head vs Gyre Flow Pump

incarnato

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2024
Messages
13
Reaction score
6
Location
norman
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just upgraded my tank after only 3 months lol. Ordered a water box 65.4 and thousands in equipment of course. I did get 2 Nero 3 with the tank which is 48in but thinking about getting a Nero gyre as well or another power head. Any thought or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
 
As someone who’s owned a 5ft tank and put two Nero 3s on the end, I assure you it’s enough.

That being said, if you do two power heads, make sure theyre not aimed at each other.

However, gyres create a better overall flow, but the propellers need cleaned more regularly
 
Thank you very much. I think I will just wait and see how it is once I get it all set up. Doesn’t get here for 3 weeks lol. I plan on putting one on each side with staggered height. Back wall and mid/front.
 
im trying to decide between a gyre or nero 5. its a 120 gallong tank 4ft. i have sps up high and plenty of torches and lps down low. the gyre just seems like it will move it how i want. but ive never used one before.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new