OP
OP
>>klong<<

>>klong<<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Following! I have a build thread for my 250. I have a mealnaurus in mine, a pair of clowns and a shake nose goby...

I’m getting a marine betta and carpenter flasher wrasse from TSM, you’re reviews of them put me at ease! PA guy here!
Where in PA? I’m in Center City Phila and lucky to have TSM only 25 minutes away.

tonysnow1990

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
>>klong<<

>>klong<<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been struggling with dinos, gha and cyano since January. I *think* things are starting to settle down. I finally got around to "installing" my Aqua UV 25. I say "installed" with air quotes, because I just laid it across the top of my sump without mounting it to the cabinet because when trying to mount it to the cabinet, I broke one of the Aqua UV brackets.

The UV really helped out a lot. I major issue at the time was cyano covering the bottom and a bunch of GHA. The cyano was wiped out in a couple days even with running the UV at only about 180GPH. After the cyano was gone, my foxface and coral beauty have been taking care of the GHA. The GHA is still growing, but I think it is receding. I've been dosing 1ml/10gal H2O2 for a couple weeks. My nutrients are very low, but I suspect that its because the algae is consuming them (0.00 PH4 and 1ppm NO3).

I went crazy with some inexpensive coral purchases and no particular plan a couple months ago. I now have a bunch of favia in another tank that I'm not sure what to do with. I have one piece of it in this tank and I'm considering how to move more of it in. I think put several frags on a decent size piece of rock and see who wins . . .

I moved a few zoas from another tank into this one, and they're doing well. I also added a couple photosynthetic gorgonians from KP Aquatics, and they're looking nice. I got a purple sea feather and a Yellow Sea whip. Their polyps are nicely extended and they seem happy. The purple sea feather recovered from shipping within 24 hours, but the sea whip took a few days.

Yellow Sea whip:
IMG_1588.jpeg

Purple sea feather - the blues and the photobombing fish make it hard to get good focus:

IMG_1584.jpeg

Here's a FTS from last night under heavy blues and no filter. The blues make the GHA on the sand bed look very bad:

IMG_1575.jpeg

Ben549

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the storage/equipment half of my cabinet. I have a 5g ATO reservoir in here, and my Tunze 3155 ATO. The ATO cables were not long enough to reach my cabinet, so I'm stuck with mounting it in here. The ATO controller is the blue box closest to the front. I have a problem with commitment, so I haven't shortened the power cable for the pump.

Next to the ATO controller is a 24v to 12v converter that's connected to my EB832 and my cabinet LED lighting. I have a couple of reed switches connected to the BOB that turn on the lights when the door opens. All the way to the back on the top right, behind the voltage converter, is my BOB.

I also have a Kamoer dosing pump for dosing Alk. I don't have to dose Ca yet. I haven't decided how to mount the pump yet, so it's sitting on top of my ATO reservoir. I like the pump except the mounting holes are unusable because the power inputs make it impossible to get the back of the pump against a vertical surface (see pic below).

I have a couple of low profile raceways keeping cables from hanging in the back of the cabinet, but there's a jumbled mess of cables coming out of the raceway on the right hand side, anyways. <shrug>

I installed a float valve for filling my reservoir, then put a T with a ball valve as a secondary float valve bypass. After my reservoir is full, I can turn off my RODI supply, then open the ball valve to relieve the pressure in the system. I can then drain all of the RO water out of the RO tubing into the reservoir. After I'm done, I close the ball valve again. (photo below)

IMG_1184.jpeg

Either the mounting option on this Kamoer is daft or I am . . .
IMG_1188.jpeg

My float valve bypass and drain thingy:
IMG_1189.jpeg
Can you tell me what size fitting this is?
1685581595972.png

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back