0   0   0
What is this
ab093fd3eae4d1e87ae6d8b47c60786a.jpg

Jorgehiram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same exact ones, yes they are considered good but I actually saw it at night going after a sleeping fish killing it. Hard to catch so I removed the rock placed in a 5g bucket with water, by accident left it outside during winter about 45 degrees, next morning I had about 9 dead ones in the bucket. Cold killed them. They are nasty.

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a bristle worm. We always use tweezers to remove them because they release them in your skin and it is not fun.. they are a good scavenger but can easily get out of control if you feed heavily like we do. We keep them in check by taking out the ones we see during our weekly water change.

krullshards

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are creepy as heck and can get pretty big and reproduce like crazy. I'll never use live rock to start a tank again. I used dead rock for my FOWLR and am quite happy. Good CUC or not, they wig me out. Search for bristle worms on YouTube and you'll find some frightening stuff.

greenhorn reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a banded coral shrimp, cool critter that will keep bristle populations in check.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back