Which lighting

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

qterry22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to give you a virtual fist bump! I cant wait to build my own fish-room I am currently building a breeding setup. I planned to have it up and running by now but I hit a few snags along the way. You learn so much doing things yourself. Did you do all the framing and carpentry work yourself? If so I am impressed. Carpentry was one of the snags along the way for me. On paper everything made sense and worked perfectly. Different story when it came to me building the rack. Anyway awesome job and I will be following. There are many living vicariously through you right now ;)

OP
OP
Kody72

Kody72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build is looking nice! And HOLY CRAP THAT'S A HUGE SKIMMER! Keep up the good work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
thanks

I just want to give you a virtual fist bump! I cant wait to build my own fish-room I am currently building a breeding setup. I planned to have it up and running by now but I hit a few snags along the way. You learn so much doing things yourself. Did you do all the framing and carpentry work yourself? If so I am impressed. Carpentry was one of the snags along the way for me. On paper everything made sense and worked perfectly. Different story when it came to me building the rack. Anyway awesome job and I will be following. There are many living vicariously through you right now ;)
thanks, yes i did the carpentry/electrical/sheetrock etc. not only am tackling the fishroom but my whole basement what a nightmare/money pit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kody72

Kody72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently placed a big order with Elite-Aquatics for my sump, reactors cal,gfo,carbon,bio-pellet, and salt mixing tank. So for now the fishroom is on hold until i get this equipment because im going to have to rework where the sump, plumbing, etc. goes to it's new locations

OP
OP
Kody72

Kody72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up my sink & 34g Solana aio to be used as the quarantine tank
qt and sink.jpg

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice job, I'm doing a similar project how is the electrical layed out? What breaker houses what?

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering like one breaker for lights, one for pumps, one for misc?

OP
OP
Kody72

Kody72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 20amp for lights and vortech pumps and One 20amp breaker for return pump and misc. Sump equipment sorry about that the misunderstanding

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is 3 outlets in the fishroom each with its own 20a breaker. Each has its own ethernet cable and conduit linking each other together. I have them about 7ft off the ground. There is also a fan for ventilation which pulls in fresh air in through the cold air intake
fishroome1.jpg

fishroome2.jpg

fishroome3.jpg

I don't want to be a downer but this is an electrical code violation and a serious safety issue. You can't have low voltage "Ethernet" and high voltage "120 V outlets" in the same box.

Other than that everything else is looking great.

OP
OP
Kody72

Kody72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice
Thanks
Do you have any updated pics?
I don't sorry I'm gonna have to redo a few things so I'm at a stand still
I don't want to be a downer but this is an electrical code violation and a serious safety issue. You can't have low voltage "Ethernet" and high voltage "120 V outlets" in the same box.

Other than that everything else is looking great.
I'll put some dividers or something to get it changed up. Thanks for letting me know. I thought it was okay because I've seen outlets at lowes with ethernet cable or hdmi cable and outlet together.

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats a great idea, I will have to copy you and put in cat5 e just in case i want to network something and for my APEX.
Nice idea thatnks.

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats another great thing about R2R, so many great people wuth amazing ideas. I cant go wrong lol

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 25 16.3%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 63 41.2%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 14.4%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 35 22.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.2%
Back