Korallen-Zucht for Acro Growth

BradB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought frags from someone who's system is fairly similar to mine (Led around 400 PAR, high but not excessive flow, maintain alk with 2 part, lots of fish feeding, xenia overgrowing both our systems, etc). My system has been running where it is now for 8 years, some of the corals 10 years old, but my oldest acropora is just under 2 years ago and about the size of a tennis ball. His largest acro is almost the size of a basketball, but he has many colonies much larger than mine, including some of the exact same acros such as Fox Flame.

The biggest difference is he uses large quantities of Korallen-Zucht products. He swears by Flatworm Stop for acro growth, even though he never saw a flatworm in his system. He claims his mostly dark green Strawberry Shortcake turns bright pink if he stops dosing.

He also mentioned he has almost no coralline growth. My coralline growth is completely out of control, if I scrape my sides completely, it takes only about a week before it looks bad again.

I've always been very suspicious dosing any proprietary formula. Do you think Korallen-Zucht products are what makes the difference? And if so, do you have any idea what might be in them?

RGC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The flatworm stop works w pohls extra to make the flesh unappetizing for flatworms to consume. Talked w our BRS acct Mgr about it. I just switched over to all their products. Very high quality, just start slow

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think Korallen-Zucht products are what makes the difference? And if so, do you have any idea what might be in them?

A large fraction of people in reefing swear the products they use are best.

Can they all be right??? lol

OP
OP
B

BradB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A large fraction of people in reefing swear the products they use are best.

Can they all be right??? lol
Nope! I completely ignore most of them, but pay attention to people who's tanks are much nicer than mine - especially when everything else they are doing is the same.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back