Koran angel black bump

LoganGG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the process of qt, my cbb started showing some Lympho. He’s gotten a little better, but there’s a black bump on the bottom of my Koran angel. I’m not too sure what it is, or what it could be, but I wanted some opinions.

IMG_9880.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
In the process of qt, my cbb started showing some Lympho. He’s gotten a little better, but there’s a black bump on the bottom of my Koran angel. I’m not too sure what it is, or what it could be, but I wanted some opinions.

IMG_9880.png
Its going to be hard to see a dark fish in a cave and assess what it has,. Will need a pic under white lighting.
Is it eating and breathing normal?

OP
OP
L

LoganGG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its going to be hard to see a dark fish in a cave and assess what it has,. Will need a pic under white lighting.
Is it eating and breathing normal?
He’s acting completely normal, eating, breathing fine. He’s a fast swimmer and a bit skittish but I took a few decent ones.

Attachments

• IMG_9920.png
    IMG_9920.png
    433.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9919.png
    IMG_9919.png
    453.6 KB · Views: 26

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

IMG_9880.png
Lympho typical with this type of fish and also butterflies. Furnish good water quality and diet and it will diminish and fall off the fish

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would It be safe to add it to my display tank once it falls off?

Lymphocystis is a virus that causes cells in a fish to develop into gigantic size, so those growths develop. Although usually white or gray, depending on the coloration of the fish, and which layer of skin cells are involved, it can take on different colors. I can't see super-clearly, but this seems to be Lympho.

While it is highly contagious, most fish have already been exposed to it, so it is usually only newly acquired fish that develop it.

It would be safe to move the fish, even before the growth has gone away, assuming that your quarantine process took care of any other, more dangerous diseases.

Jay

OP
OP
L

LoganGG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lymphocystis is a virus that causes cells in a fish to develop into gigantic size, so those growths develop. Although usually white or gray, depending on the coloration of the fish, and which layer of skin cells are involved, it can take on different colors. I can't see super-clearly, but this seems to be Lympho.

While it is highly contagious, most fish have already been exposed to it, so it is usually only newly acquired fish that develop it.

It would be safe to move the fish, even before the growth has gone away, assuming that your quarantine process took care of any other, more dangerous diseases.

Jay
Would adding it into my display cause an outbreak? I have 12 fish in the tank at the moment and I don’t want to cause any of them to get sick.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would adding it into my display cause an outbreak? I have 12 fish in the tank at the moment and I don’t want to cause any of them to get sick.
If they haven’t been exposed to the virus, they could catch it, but they won’t die from it, and if they have been in captivity for more than a few months, they’ve likely already been exposed.
Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 149 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back