Kordon's breathable bags

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do anyone have experience with these bags. How do you use these bags to ship fish? Do you fill it up with all the way with water? Do you double bag with these thin bags? Any input would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

cparka23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some folks on another forum use these and fill them to the top with water. Some of the places advertising them for sale also say to fill them to the top.

As for double bagging, I think that would defeat the purpose of having a breathable bag. You'd have to put air in the second bag at the very least.

Burks

Toledo Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've received fish (fresh), shrimp (fresh), and coral in these bags before. They have all been filled completely full, with no air pockets, and only single bagged.

I've also shipped with them and have done the same thing. They worked well for me.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They work great! You want to leave no air in the bag. You can double bag them but between the bags needs to be water. So, to put some water in the first bag and then put the second bag in is how its recommend by the manufacturer.
Also, I have about 150 of them if you are interested, I no longer deal with fish...

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back