Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Continue with the cell phone pics...

Joe Knows Reefs Rainbow and a Maricultured Milli
Ybh9mH2.jpg

Yeah...
an8xRjx.jpg

I've photographed this one all yellow and over the last couple of weeks it has continued to change colors.
fbgegLG.jpg

Just got this in the last week - I suspect once it starts to darken up it will not glow like this anymore. Enjoy it while I can.
B0M8zjc.jpg

OP
OP
K

Kurkis493

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've fielded a couple PMs about tank progress over the last few weeks. Small update.

We bought a house and are moving in mid-November so the tank will be coming down. I don't plan on getting rid of anything and will set-up a larger system once we settle into the new place. With the temp swings we get during the summer months I've had some issues with coral browning and STN. I'm starting a small pile of coral skeletons on my porch. Its pretty frustrating and while I cannot really narrow down the true problem (because temp swings could easily just be a cop-out since they are expected in the summer) I set my chiller back-up and stopped running the Zeovit system because I am wondering if it is doing more harm than good. I'm just running Seachem Matrix Biomedia in my Zeovit reactor now and adding Zeobak a couple of times a week. I still use Biomate twice a week for PO4 but have stopped everything else including Zeostart3 dosing. I'm hoping with the tank being on the more mature side now, the corals themselves will do their job to help keep nutrients low.

Hopefully things are back on track and I can get a few more shots nice shots before the tank comes down.

Here is a nice progression shot, everything in this part of my tank is filling in nicely.

D7umAcs.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sweet!

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This tank is a work of art....;)

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long time no see, that last picture looks awesome. Congrats on the new house, good luck on the move!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've fielded a couple PMs about tank progress over the last few weeks. Small update.

We bought a house and are moving in mid-November so the tank will be coming down. I don't plan on getting rid of anything and will set-up a larger system once we settle into the new place. With the temp swings we get during the summer months I've had some issues with coral browning and STN. I'm starting a small pile of coral skeletons on my porch. Its pretty frustrating and while I cannot really narrow down the true problem (because temp swings could easily just be a cop-out since they are expected in the summer) I set my chiller back-up and stopped running the Zeovit system because I am wondering if it is doing more harm than good. I'm just running Seachem Matrix Biomedia in my Zeovit reactor now and adding Zeobak a couple of times a week. I still use Biomate twice a week for PO4 but have stopped everything else including Zeostart3 dosing. I'm hoping with the tank being on the more mature side now, the corals themselves will do their job to help keep nutrients low.

Hopefully things are back on track and I can get a few more shots nice shots before the tank comes down.

Here is a nice progression shot, everything in this part of my tank is filling in nicely.

D7umAcs.jpg
I'm curious about the yellow coral in the middle. Is that an anacropora? What's the name?

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He is local to me......I don't think he has done with shifting and arranging stuffs yet. Some local reefers are holding his stuffs so possibly we will see him back.

nova65ss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea this tank has been torn down since he moved.

I actually have that piece in my frag tank it is an Aussie spongodes.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back