KZ Deep Blue 57 gallon future build

Kzguns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m planning my upgrade now. Plan to be up this fall so I’ll spend the time gathering parts etc. I’m planning building a custom stand to match the existing cabinets around our fireplace. White stand with raised panel doors and possibly a granite top. 20g long sump eshopps s120 skimmer. Still looking at pumps maybe DC. I’m going to plumb a drain into the basement from the sump. Planning to shut system down till sump fills then use siphon to drain sump for water changes, I think if my valve is in the basement below tank it will hold siphon till next water change. I’ll also have ro/di and salt water storage that can be pumped back into the sump for bucket less water changes.
Wife had 1 requirement... no bulky black box type lights only pendants so kessil it is. Thinking two A360 with some kind of “decorative” housing around lights to match decor in living room. There will be some kind of soffit the lights will Hang from with crown to match the room. I’m sure thinks will evolve as I go but that’s the gist of the build.

8badc15716540d056a4d1db77a4ef821.jpg

Soffit similar to what I built in my kitchen
1a8984fcd3aee7f833f7721477c8e170.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice! Following!

OP
OP
Kzguns

Kzguns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I can do water changes and not run up and down stairs to open and close valves. I plan to use these for drain and fill all activated from the stand.
75b7f11afb25e5a0661eedcd3ae75125.jpg

ontop27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you buy the tank yet? If not id seriously consider buying non reef ready and do your own overflow. I have the same tank and finally after like a year i decided to drain it and remove the overflow and add a custom one. The standard is too big its like 8 x 10. I also made it a herbie

OP
OP
Kzguns

Kzguns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you use to black out the back? I was thinking vinyl wrap

OP
OP
Kzguns

Kzguns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to wrap it as i did my roof prior. But i feel like salt gets anywhere it wants. I ended up painting it.

What did you use? Rustoleum or latex product?

OP
OP
Kzguns

Kzguns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you buy the tank yet? If not id seriously consider buying non reef ready and do your own overflow. I have the same tank and finally after like a year i decided to drain it and remove the overflow and add a custom one. The standard is too big its like 8 x 10. I also made it a herbie

Ya I’m gonna call when I order it and see about getting it without

OP
OP
Kzguns

Kzguns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some stuff ordered today. Carib sea life rock, have this in my biocube and love it. Heater, return pump, jebao wave maker I’ll use this with the one I have in my biocube and probably a korala I have laying around. Self leveling mat for under tank, not really using to “level” just as a cushion for the tank.

That’s it for now but it’s good start. I’m working on buying a simplicity dc skimmer from someone who used it for a couple months. Probably pick up a 20l next time I’m at petco for the sump.

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to be doing the same build here in a few weeks. What size return pump did you decide on? I was going to go with a 40 gallon Breeder so I got a Sicce Syncra Silent 2.0. Having doubts now if it will be big enough for a 57 gallon.

ontop27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a jabeo something honeslty i forget but i also converted mine to a herbie. Waiting for my cor 15 to get here

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In process of putting together a build with same tank, the non reef ready version. I recently drilled it for a Modular Marine ghost overflow with dual returns. I painted the back panel black and it looks sweet! A lot better than the giant overflow in the reef ready version IMO. I will be using a Tunze DC controllable 1073.05 as a return pump with 2 MP40s (because of the 1/2” thick glass) for flow.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back