L1 1-10v & Control circuit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RD Speedy 100w Flow as my return. It is NOT plugged into a 6E power bar. It is controlled via the RD GHL 1-10v interface.
It is set up as a Stream Pump, Permanent, running at 100%. I have Low sump level set up on Control Circuit 1 with an operation mode of Leak Detection. Now I know with a control circuit set up in this manner, I can control a socket either on or off.
My question is, is there a way that when the low sump level is activated, I can have it reduce the state of the of the 1-10v L1 from 100% to say 50%. My reasoning is, if the level gets to low, I don't want the return pump to turn off, I only want it to throttle back but keep running.

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you just go to a new Stream Group (e.g. #2) and set the Return Pump for 50% then assign it to the proper outlet controlled by the Low Sump Level.

OP
OP
Member No 1

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you just go to a new Stream Group (e.g. #2) and set the Return Pump for 50% then assign it to the proper outlet controlled by the Low Sump Level.
Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure how this would work. The return is not plugged into an outlet on the power bar.
I have the return pump set in Stream Group 1 at 100%. When I created SG 2, added the return, set it to 50%, it also changed the value in SG1.

OP
OP
Member No 1

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... still looking for a solution to this question.

As an example.
Is it possible that when a low level is detected by a float/optical sensor, that it can reduce a pump from 100% to 50%?

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... still looking for a solution to this question.

As an example.
Is it possible that when a low level is detected by a float/optical sensor, that it can reduce a pump from 100% to 50%?
Sorry but 0-10v output cannot be controlled by programmable Logic or Levels...
With a PLM-ADIN card with a float sensor connected to it you can launch a "Maintenance" with a fixed 1-10v level (but from my point of view using maintenance for something else than maintenance tasks is bad.
If you NOT use Tunderstorm with you light and stream pumps, with a PLM-ADIN card with a float connected to it sensor can launch a "Tunderstorm" and set "At thunderstorm" reduced speed in a stream group for the 1-10v level output. (Not tested)

For me best option is (like me) use flow sensor and constant flow function and plug pump on powerbar with level float control for shutdown security. Pump flow will be fixe, you just have to find appropriate flow to set.

OP
OP
Member No 1

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry but 0-10v output cannot be controlled by programmable Logic or Levels...
With a PLM-ADIN card with a float sensor connected to it you can launch a "Maintenance" with a fixed 1-10v level (but from my point of view using maintenance for something else than maintenance tasks is bad.
If you NOT use Tunderstorm with you light and stream pumps, with a PLM-ADIN card with a float connected to it sensor can launch a "Tunderstorm" and set "At thunderstorm" reduced speed in a stream group for the 1-10v level output. (Not tested)

For me best option is (like me) use flow sensor and constant flow function and plug pump on powerbar with level float control for shutdown security. Pump flow will be fixe, you just have to find appropriate flow to set.
That's what I was afraid of. I did give thought to the maintenance mode, but again I can't see how to have a level control linked to a maintenance pause.

I will look into the thunderstorm idea. How do I have a float launch a thunderstorm?

I do have flow sensors set up, but as you describe, I would have to have the float shut down a switch circuit, and that would shut the pump off completely. My goal is to have it reduce not shut off the pump.
There has got to be a way, I'll keep plugging away.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I was afraid of. I did give thought to the maintenance mode, but again I can't see how to have a level control linked to a maintenance pause.

I will look into the thunderstorm idea. How do I have a float launch a thunderstorm?

I do have flow sensors set up, but as you describe, I would have to have the float shut down a switch circuit, and that would shut the pump off completely. My goal is to have it reduce not shut off the pump.
There has got to be a way, I'll keep plugging away.
PLM-ADIN card as 4 inputs where you can connect float switch and it can launch maintenance feeding pause thunderstorm awc etc

PS: I wrote "but from my point of view using maintenance for something else than maintenance tasks is bad" because when a maintenance is activated, alarms ans control circuits are disabled.

OP
OP
Member No 1

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PLM-ADIN card as 4 inputs where you can connect float switch and it can launch maintenance feeding pause thunderstorm awc etc

PS: I wrote "but from my point of view using maintenance for something else than maintenance tasks is bad" because when a maintenance is activated, alarms ans control circuits are disabled.
Thanks for the info.
I see in the Digital Input tab you can chose different functions. Wish we could do that with a level function.

Back