Lace Corals

  • Thread starter Thread starter oysterk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

oysterk

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 12, 2015
Messages
422
Reaction score
358
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
121815-035.jpg

I've seen them at frag swaps and sometimes on liveaquaria. What are they? Has anyone had success keeping them? What do they feed on? Do they have feeding polyps?
 
Its a NPS coral.....will need to be fed multiple times a day to keep healthy....
 
Thank you, I understand that it is an NPS coral. I was more interested in if people have kept them successfully before, and if they have, what have they fed to keep it alive.
 
Unfortunately no one has been able to keep these alive long term. I've seen random anecdotal short term success with people keeping them in the sump, but that's no fun ;)

Corals from Distichopora and Stylaster genera are just gorgeous, so it's a shame their 'secrets' haven't been cracked yet. They're technically hydroids. Suffice to say that specific food particle sizes and flow rates are likely necessary to keep them thriving, much like Dendronephthya and Scleronephthya.

There are some interesting threads on them on Reef Central in the non-photo forum.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new