OP
OP
Lance A. Lot

Lance A. Lot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I smashed my hand in a car door on Saturday. I got a cut on my middle finger but other than that nothing swelled up and besides the initial pain for 15 minutes everything seemed to subside. I had my hand in the tank on Monday night (2 days later) to move my elegance coral out of the sand and back on top of the flat rock he fell off of. I got stung right on the scab from the cut and my smashed finger immediately starts throbbing. Today it is all swollen up and hurts to move. I have been stung by this coral before and nothing happened. I assume the swelling must have something to do with getting stung on the scab or right on a previous injury? Elegance corals don't get a more powerful sting as they age do they?

OP
OP
Lance A. Lot

Lance A. Lot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Progress update:
c633727971ba2f7478af7984ed733bc7.jpg

66613b964e0f9b29e749415611fa731a.jpg

b5dda6f275be011df6ec0663593d1b56.jpg

OP
OP
Lance A. Lot

Lance A. Lot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting some nems tomorrow. Not sure what kind yet. Getting a bunch from a tank break down. Hopefully some rose and or green bubble tips maybe a seabae. I know they are not compatible with each other but my plan would be to keep them apart not touching each other. Can't complain about free.

OP
OP
Lance A. Lot

Lance A. Lot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot has happened since August 27th.
3 of the 7 nems have committed death by power head. All 3 of them in about a 10 day span.
A turbo snail did some reworking of the aquascaping in the 180.
I got most of the LR out of my frag tank and into the 75. It looks a lot less open now... not sure I like it but I wanted a frag tank to be a frag tank and not a LR holding tank.
I got a lot of new coral at the SLASH Fall Frag Swap. Lots of small beautiful SPS frags for the 180, a few LPS (hammer, Candy canes, and frogspawn) for lower in the 180, and then I also got some Zoas for both tanks. The most exotic thing I procured was this fuzzy blue mushroom that nobody had a name for. It is now in the 75.

OP
OP
Lance A. Lot

Lance A. Lot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of those photos are not the greatest but, you get the picture. I forgot to mention that I did get baby clowns from Vic at Boyeah's reef.
Shameless Plug: Vic from Chicago area and his clowns are the best! If you have a chance to meet and talk with him do so. He is a very entertaining guy.

OP
OP
Lance A. Lot

Lance A. Lot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately the baby clowns are so small they can fit through the weir on my internal overflow... and also all the pipes to the sump. I have had to "fish" :p both of them out of the sump now... I didn't know this until I found one of them had managed to get all the way to my other display tank. It somehow made it through the return pump (hammerhead) and all the return plumbing. I have tried to block the overflow with additional netting to stop their exploration of my system. It is really hard to catch them once they make it to the sump... so much live rock for them to hide under.

OP
OP
Lance A. Lot

Lance A. Lot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eventful week:
Reclaimed 1 baby clown from the sump again
Reworked the frogspawn area of the 180 so all the different varieties are mixed together.
Mounted a bunch of frags of blue stylophora because of that snail that caused some aquascaping issues. When the rocks moved all the branches on the stylo broke off.
I bought a Indo Yellow Coris Wrasse from Corals'n'more on Friday
I bought a black and green hammer, Starry Blenny, and Green Coris Wrasse from Gateway Aquatics on Sunday. Starry Blenny went into the 75 gallon

OP
OP
Lance A. Lot

Lance A. Lot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to add something to the 75 to move the sand bed around a bit. I want to do something other than a diamond goby. I am open to other Gobies though. Any reef safe suggestions?

OP
OP
Lance A. Lot

Lance A. Lot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a long time since I have updated this.
I will start with what I got for Black Friday.
Acquired a year supply of salt ~ 6 boxes for me
a bunch of apex stuff: AFS, ALD solid surface probe, and a used PM2 with salinity and temp probe.
Got some glue and replacement filters for RO/DI.
Pictures will come when i figure out how to work the R2R app on my new phone.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Lance A. Lot

Lance A. Lot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Lance A. Lot

Lance A. Lot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
b582b529ffbfa0fc99343da1192b20d1.jpg

Decent stockpile of RPM for this year thanks to black Friday.

I also couldn't resist mounting one of these $30 dots on one of my electronics boards. I now have voice control over fish room music. Maybe someday I will figure out voice control over apex activities...
29a9ebc631a0d4c9a8239aaf210e8a85.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back