OP
Land Shark

Land Shark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In this picture below, my daughter and I had just finished painting the bottom white. That was a lot of fun because she was in charge for that! You'll notice several holes in the bottom. Those were for a closed loop and I ended up capping them all off.
20180715file-2.jpeg

OP
OP
Land Shark

Land Shark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The heart of the filtration system is a Royal-Exclusiv nano Dreambox and a Bubble King 180 Skimmer.

Lidsfile-3.jpeg

Lidsfile-1.jpeg

dreamboxfile-14.jpeg

dreamboxfile-12.jpeg

dreamboxfile-10.jpeg

dreamboxfile-88.jpeg

dreamboxfile-6.jpeg

dreamboxfile-5.jpeg

dreamboxfile-4.jpeg

I had to have the Clear PVC lids cut to fit around the skimmer, that worked out well but I was nervous that I might get the pattern wrong. The cuts cost $60 and was done by a plastics shop here in Tampa. It worked out great.

Lidsfile-4.jpeg

Last edited:

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a great looking tank and system you have there and thanks for all the pictures!

And welcome to R2R!

OP
OP
Land Shark

Land Shark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a great looking tank and system you have there and thanks for all the pictures!

And welcome to R2R!

Thanks for the warm welcome, I do appreciate it. I really like they way the R2R site works. People have so many great setups and everyone seems really friendly too.

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Land Shark , Thats a sick looking Royal Exlcu sump mate! Whats the spec size on that if you don't mind me asking and where did you buy it from? It looks like a 36'' but i COULD BE WRONG.. The Reason why I asked is I am getting ready to buy a sump from Synergy but they have a way to long of a lead time and there customer service has gone done hill in my opinion and Anyways, I am going to have Elite Aquatics build me one their s RS40 sumps W/ OUT a refugium , just like you see in this attachments - spec 's are the following = 40'' x 18'' x 18'' and here are a few picture of one they made for a client running a Bean Animal type system. Mine will be all black and Red which will match perfect with my 60'' 150 new system...

Elite Aquatics Incl a Scrubber on top.JPG

EA40.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Land Shark

Land Shark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Land Shark , Thats a sick looking Royal Exlcu sump mate! Whats the spec size on that if you don't mind me asking and where did you buy it from? It looks like a 36'' but i COULD BE WRONG.. The Reason why I asked is I am getting ready to buy a sump from Synergy but they have a way to long of a lead time and there customer service has gone done hill in my opinion and Anyways, I am going to have Elite Aquatics build me one their s RS40 sumps W/ OUT a refugium , just like you see in this attachments - spec 's are the following = 40'' x 18'' x 18'' and here are a few picture of one they made for a client running a Bean Animal type system. Mine will be all black and Red which will match perfect with my 60'' 150 new system...

Hey, Another Tampa Bay Reefkeepers member!

Here is what I can tell you about this nano Dreambox. It's going to last and last and last. I mean its not acrylic , it's solid PVC! You can stand on it, its just that strong. Even the clear covers, are made of clear PVC.

Just measured the size and its 39"x14"x19.5". Since this is mass produced, slief had a few in stock in Ft. Myers. Who knows, they may have what you want in stock right now? Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Land Shark

Land Shark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This pump is used for automated water changes. It is a bit loud but is kept in a fish room so it isn't much of a bother when it runs.

MasterflexPump.jpeg

OP
OP
Land Shark

Land Shark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Elite Aquatics Incl a Scrubber on top.JPG

EA40.jpeg

@FLSharkvictim, I didn't comment on the pictures you attached. The sump you are looking at looks very nice. I see the water level adjuster and the sock compartment holds large socks, a definite plus.

OP
OP
Land Shark

Land Shark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Primary lighting consists of an 8 bulb ATI T5 fixture. At the time I took these pictures, I was trying out some free new grow light bulbs I got from a friend. They were too yellow and have been replaced with Geisemans. I also have a reef brite 4 foot long super actinic strip light for pop. I will have to get a picture of the reef brite.

117DA533-C702-43AC-9B13-BBE00013DE9F.jpeg

EB543210-110B-4D8A-B1AB-E77A9708DA63.jpeg

2A46516F-3260-42EC-B933-C666A487EEB8.jpeg

Last edited:

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcometo_Reef2Reef.gif

Nice tank and build! Thanks for sharing. Also welcome to the Reef Savvy club - at least yours is wet! :) I see you already met my sump (blue and white Elite Aquatics above). I am curious as to why you had the tank drilled for a closed loop and then capped it off? Looking forward to seeing more of your progress.

OP
OP
Land Shark

Land Shark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcometo_Reef2Reef.gif

Nice tank and build! Thanks for sharing. Also welcome to the Reef Savvy club - at least yours is wet! :) I see you already met my sump (blue and white Elite Aquatics above). I am curious as to why you had the tank drilled for a closed loop and then capped it off? Looking forward to seeing more of your progress.

Thanks! The oceans motions wave maker turned out to be problematic and the product support wasn’t to my liking so I took it out. I’m glad I capped it off.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! The oceans motions wave maker turned out to be problematic and the product support wasn’t to my liking so I took it out. I’m glad I capped it off.
Sorry to hear that. I ran an OM 4 way for 12 years with no issues in my old 140. Always felt it was the most reliable piece of equipment I ever purchased.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 5.3%
Back