Lanthanum dosage increasing every week

Beats001

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2018
Messages
156
Reaction score
55
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks,

So I have been dosing Lanthanum from ATM agent green. At first I was dosing 2 mls per day, now I am up to 12 mls per day, to maintain phosophates where I want them.

I think it is throwing my alk out of whack too.
Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do to rectify the situation?
 
It will lower alk by precipitation of lanthanum carbonate, but I’ve not heard of folks need steadily escalating dosing.
Thanks Randy, I wander will anyone else be experiencing the same thing. I think I will use some gfo and decrease the lanthanum.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new