Large blotchii experience

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, what’s your experience with large blotchiis ?
A friend of mine has one around 3 inches and it started consuming his shrimps and attacking small fish. What size did urs grow to in tanks and did they attack other fish or shrimps ?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blotchii?? Do you mean borbonius? Anthias are a basslet. They will eat anything that they can fit in their mouth. The bigger they are, the bigger prey they can consume.

IxTCxI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, what’s your experience with large blotchiis ?
A friend of mine has one around 3 inches and it started consuming his shrimps and attacking small fish. What size did urs grow to in tanks and did they attack other fish or shrimps ?

Mine became a bully that's why I got rid of it.

OP
OP
maroun.c

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes meant borbonius. i also have one in my tank getting on the larger size. Guess its time to pull the trap.
Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
maroun.c

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I could clearly see that it was a bully, even after only few days in the tank it was charging at any fish that approached its territory and her territory was expanding by the day. so trap was pulled it didnt go for food in it for few days and I had to travel after couple days so didnt take the risk of keeping it in tank so a very tough decision was taken for the first time in 20 years of reefing I had to go fishing inside my tank.i was scared of catching any other fish so before lights on placed the bait on hook and passed it through tubing so I could hide it from any other fish that approached. Took less than 5 min. I carefully took out the hook and applied some anti inflammatory on the lip. And now it’s doing great in my coral qt.
5CEF342B-21B7-4A22-96F5-B3E75B361D02.jpeg

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 35 29.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 31 26.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 22.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 20.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back