large crab

tgp4274

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so my wife saw this in our lfs and wanted it so brought him home..
and wondering if I should keep him?? he keeps knocking and digging up my corals
I have a mixed reef tank and would hate to loose anything cause I have to keep uprighting and moveing what he knock over.. am afraid his going to get to big..... :/
crab.png

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He will continue to knock everything over. He may also make a meal out of something in a reef tank. Their meant for species specific tank only from what I've read. Sorry!! Go for some Scarlet Hermits, their bright red/orange if that's what caught the eye of you're better half.

bobman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They make great sump cleaners. I have a huge scarlet hermit down there that kept knocking over my corals. Didnt matter how I glued them he would flip them over every day. Then I tried to rehome him and he got returned to me after a few days everytime for knocking over corals even though I warned them. After a while I gave up and to the sump he went. I have a huge refugium (40 breeder) so he is happy but now that I am thinkning of it he might be why I cant get any macros to grow down there lol.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are brutal! It's a Dardanus megistos, which is a big ole carnivore and will eat other inverts and smaller fish.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back