Large electric blue hermit crab

FRANK GRAZIANO

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 29, 2018
Messages
203
Reaction score
79
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a electric blue hermit crab in the mail from Live Aquaria its huge. I was wondering if it will kill my scallop, clam, snails or small hermit crabs? Its says they are peaceful and reef safe. I know it's a crab and u never know with one. Any advice I got in in QT tank now with a midas blenny.

15398147473654099107992204791027.jpg
 
Mine now lives in my sump. It was a snail killer, and knocked over everything too. Killed a fighting conch right away also.
 
I’ve started staying away from hermits and use only snails. Crabs just eat everything but what they’re supposed to eat. The only ones I like are the green mithrax crabs. The work hard and hide a lot.
 
I’ve started staying away from hermits and use only snails. Crabs just eat everything but what they’re supposed to eat. The only ones I like are the green mithrax crabs. The work hard and hide a lot.
On that matter i can say no bad word about the scarlet reef hermits. Didnt lost a single snail yet with about 8 in my 65g.

Also mithrax are great aswell!
 
I have an electric blue too. He hasn't ate any of my trochus snails. I do have extra shells in there.
 
I have only some very large turbo snails left. All other snails have become hermit houses.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new