Large Frag Disks?

BrooksReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
7
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R!

I was just wondering where people got these larger (3"-ish) frag disks from? I'd like to put a few of my chalice frags on them. :)

Thanks!
 
I got some 2 1/4 " ones from cheifreef on ebay. it was around $15-17 dollars for 2 packs of 17 disks shipped. If you want pm me and Ill send you a link to his profile on ebay.
 
I hand make them as well.... not as cheap as ceramics, but better IMHO.
 
No no no ... my propagation canvases are very special to me.... I mean I guess I could sell you some for materials + labor cost :)
 
No no no ... my propagation canvases are very special to me.... I mean I guess I could sell you some for materials + labor cost :)

:snicker: Propagation canvases. I like that!

I think I'm just going to see what the LFS has.

But also, I have a question.

I have a FF WM and it hasn't melted onto the rock yet, it is still on the glue that the guy I bought it from had it on. Will it affect the growth to take the super glue/frag off the rock it is on and glue it to a new plug? Or should I completely detach it from the super glue and and just put it on a new plug?
 
Not anymore than if you took it out of the water and did nothing to it for the same amount of time.

If you are in doubt on how to separate, refer to my chalice fragging video on how to remove the chalice from a disc... super easy.
 
Not anymore than if you took it out of the water and did nothing to it for the same amount of time.

If you are in doubt on how to separate, refer to my chalice fragging video on how to remove the chalice from a disc... super easy.

Sweet! And DOH! I shoulda remembered that. Thanks again Kraylen! :)
 
I made ours also. The most time consuming part is the curing. Here is a picture the small one are 1 5/8" in diameter.
DSCN0110.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new