Large leathers in small tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lineatus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lineatus

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2021
Messages
238
Reaction score
268
Location
Glasgow
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve decided to downsize my reef tank as I’ve become unhappy with my tank and want a change. All my colonies are too large and are stinging and/or shading each other.

I’ve had a TMC micro habitat sitting in my attic for a while and have decided to set it up (3.3gallons/15 litres).

The two corals I want to keep are a large green sinularia and colt coral colonies. It would be a tight fit, but they’d slot in reasonably comfortably. They would however be touching each other and the glass in some places. Would this work out? Would the chemical warfare be too much for such a small tank?
360A9114-5253-4617-900D-1B75E7A8AE0A.jpeg

For reference, this is the size of the corals relative to my current 15 gallon.
 
I would think chemical warfare amongst leather corals is not a likely problem. Consider using activated charcoal for chemical filtration.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new