Large toadstool frag help

JTeas

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 24, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, this is my first time posting to this forum so apologies for it being possibly in the wrong section. I have this very large toadstool leather in my tank I've had for 4 years now. I got it when it was just the size of a chess piece. The head is the diameter of a basketball the base is as thick as a baseball. I'm wanting to frag it, but I am new to doing something like that. I'm looking for suggestions on how I would slice it up to not only make room, but give light back to the corals lower in the tank. I will be setting up a separate tank to put all of the pieces in once I'm done. Don't have the sand space to place all those frags. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

20240503_212410.jpg
 
You can cut the edges off and let them set in a basket with rubble rock cause you cant glue leathers since they slime up
 
20240109_215700.jpg
I have wanted to frag this monster for awhile now but wasn't sure the best way to do it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new