Larger SPS Colonies

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey all,

Since Liveaquaria has not been the best in the world to order from in the last few years, does anyone know of another place to obtain larger SPS colonies similar to the ones Liveaquaria offers?

They have some ranging 3.5 to 6 inches at decent prices. Appreciate any feedback that you can offer.

Anyone ordered from Liveaquaria lately and bought one of these SPS? Curious if they're healthy and pest free as some of the ones in the site look bleached or suffering RTN.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry, I have given up on maricultured SPS due to their unreliability in my system, with or without pests

Have a trophy case of SPS mariculture colonies that lasted 1 to 3 months in the tank - and have one in my tank

Aquacultured and patience has been my mantra of late

OP
OP
Hurricane Aquatics

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Bnord,

These pieces aren't advertised as maricultured. There is a maricultured section, but these are not, supposedly.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wouldn’t trust live aquaria w fish or corals. Tried them as pandemic took off and their customer service was lacking to say the least. First and last time. Some vendors here have aquacultured colony sps that are tank hardened. @Pieces of the Ocean comes to mind and Dan @TCK Corals haf a few smaller colony options last sale.

OP
OP
Hurricane Aquatics

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Homewrecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Homewrecker,

Sorry, didn't see your post until now.

Here are the SPS:

Then if you look in the Mariculture section, you'll see some SPS that are labeled as Maricultured.

So those are wild aussie acros and arguably while a little hardier in theory because they're from australia they are IMO by no means much better than indo mariculture.

If you would like colonies I would suggest you find a local that has an overgrown tank. You'll likely get more than your money's worth. You could also reach out to any major aquaculture facility and as for what they have in regards to overstock. Lots of vendors will have colonies of things they've grown out and are willing to cut you a break on since they won't have to put the work of fragging it in

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
POTO, WWC West Coast, and Unique have all gotten me nice colonies and mini colonies in the past. WWC West also has decent prices on them.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back