Laser for killing Aiptasia?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JoJosReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
It just needs to be this strong…it’s the only way to sure other than nuking the site from orbit…
1738589758107.gif
 
Have you ever used one?
No but I wanted one and the more you look into this, the more you’ll see people regret buying them, and not recommending them. Including the guy who first came up with the idea and brought it to the forum to tell others about it.
 
I regret buying one. Maybe if I had soent the big bucks on an even bigger laser, but even then, mine was rated to burn quite well.

I cooked several Aips down to little nubs, but even that didn't seem to kill them. Too a few minutes of constant lasering for each one, so realistically one Aiptasia at a time to give the laser a chance to cool down. And then got a massive explosuon of new Aips, so I assume I just ticked them off enough to release their planula everywhere.
 
I regret buying one. Maybe if I had soent the big bucks on an even bigger laser, but even then, mine was rated to burn quite well.

I cooked several Aips down to little nubs, but even that didn't seem to kill them. Too a few minutes of constant lasering for each one, so realistically one Aiptasia at a time to give the laser a chance to cool down. And then got a massive explosuon of new Aips, so I assume I just ticked them off enough to release their planula everywhere.
Yup. I did the OG of the laser, the majano wand. That crap made the aips worse. It spreads the spores, majorly.
 
Dont use it...makes it worse
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new