Lasers 1000+ Inwall Starfire

TriggerThis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG I know how stressful and time consuming aqua Scaping my 100gal was. So I can only imagine a tank that big.

Great work

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water has cleared enough today to be able to see scape pretty well..Had to replace rodi filters and membrane this time and water back to 0 TDS. Making water seems to take forever for this tank.:xd:
waterblue.jpg
waterblue4.jpg

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great but just wonderinf if you will still be able to see the garage door through the tank from the kitchen when you are finished?
Will not be able to see the garage or the garage door when finished. Inside will be trimmed starting today to match the kitchen woodwork. The back of the tank will have a black canvas that will be held on tank by magnets. I will be able to remove for easy visuals from the garage side.

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bro it looks great! Glade to see your getting a great tank! any list of fish and corals yet?
Fish List:
1-Desjardin Tang(already have), 5-Atlantic Blue Tangs,Naso Tang,Gold Rim Surgeon, Horseshoe Surgeon, Clown Surgeon, Thompsons Surgeon, BiColor Rabbitfish,Blue Jaw Trigger,3-Clown Fairy Wrasse, Flame Hawk, Catalina Goby,6-Zebra Barbed Dartfish,Royal Gramma,Diadem Dottyback,BiColor Dottyback,Flame Angelfish
Please comment on certain problems that may occur with the above list...

Please Pm me for a excel spreadsheet of all the varieties of corals that will be going in...

made2rock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Laser, I like the idea of putting on the black canvas on with magnets so it can be removed. I'll be moving soon and setting up a larger tank, so I'm takings notes.

Thanks
Joe

NC2WA

Angelfish Whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Laser,

nice thing..

just a couple of observations...the clown tang can be mean, so you might want to add last...

the bi color dottyback also has a mean streak...for its size it is a ***** little fish....ive seen it take on a trigger fish before....so wanna watch this one especially if you are going to have a royal gramma...might want choose one or the other....

otherwise great list..

are you going to QT these fish first??

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome!

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Laser,

nice thing..

just a couple of observations...the clown tang can be mean, so you might want to add last...

the bi color dottyback also has a mean streak...for its size it is a ***** little fish....ive seen it take on a trigger fish before....so wanna watch this one especially if you are going to have a royal gramma...might want choose one or the other....

otherwise great list..

are you going to QT these fish first??
Thanks for the info! Yes all fish will be QT'd in the 225 gallon. I will first place fish and copper treat for one week in a 100 gallon horse trough. I have had too much trouble in the past not to QT and treat all fish and corals. I have not gone to these measures in the past so will be figuring out the best treatment methods as I go..

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonights update:
Tank Full of Water (finally)
Sump full
Tank Running!!
:tea::tea::tea::tea:
tankfullback.jpg
tankfullfrontblue.jpg

NC2WA

Angelfish Whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Laser,

2wks of copper should be the minimum and more for the tangs since they are more proned to ich.

I would also do prazipro for 5 -7 days for a deworming/fluke treatment.

TriggerThis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha 225 gal quarantine tank!
Haven't heard that one before lol!

And I second the dottyback suggestion. They have serious little man syndrome. Not to mention how would you get it out if it started causing problems. I wouldn't risk it.
Same with the flame angel.
Took me three months to get mine out of my 100 gal after it decided to start eating polyps off all my sps after 6 months of no problems.
Lost several corals before we finally got him.
So that's my 2 cents

Last edited:

kpiotrowski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Laser,

2wks of copper should be the minimum and more for the tangs since they are more proned to ich.

I would also do prazipro for 5 -7 days for a deworming/fluke treatment.

Yes and if treating fish specifically for crytpocaryon then understand that the parasites life cycle doesn't change no matter what you treat with and should be minimum of 28 days.

There are some highly resistant strains out there these day and I hear more and more people using copper in conjunction with hyposalinty...and that takes a bit of understanding and testing.

also a few antimalarial drugs being use like quinine and chloroquine.

Proper qt probably cost 3x as much as the fish,lol!

Back