Last fish - help me pick?

ThunderGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RSR250 (55 gallon ID) that is 14 months old. The fish I have are predominately peaceful and I think I have room for one more (I'm probably pushing the bioload a bit but they're all small (ish) fish. I'm trying to decide on one more fish. I want something with some personality that I will see frequently.

I do have a mantis shrimp. I had to move a goby out because they both wanted to live in the same place and weren't getting along. I also have 2 sexy shrimp but I can move them to my nano if necessary.

My leading contenders are a flame hawkfish, a flasher wrasse or a fairy wrasse.

My current stock includes ocellaris clown, royal gramma, yellow assessor, goldline blenny, yellow watchman goby (who isn't having a problem with the mantis like my other goby was), neon blue goby, and blackline blenny.

What are ya'll's thoughts?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RSR250 (55 gallon ID) that is 14 months old. The fish I have are predominately peaceful and I think I have room for one more (I'm probably pushing the bioload a bit but they're all small (ish) fish. I'm trying to decide on one more fish. I want something with some personality that I will see frequently.

I do have a mantis shrimp. I had to move a goby out because they both wanted to live in the same place and weren't getting along. I also have 2 sexy shrimp but I can move them to my nano if necessary.

My leading contenders are a flame hawkfish, a flasher wrasse or a fairy wrasse.

My current stock includes ocellaris clown, royal gramma, yellow assessor, goldline blenny, yellow watchman goby (who isn't having a problem with the mantis like my other goby was), neon blue goby, and blackline blenny.

What are ya'll's thoughts?

I would go with flame hawk personally. Great addition. Fairly active and cool to talk about since they don't have a swim bladder and perch. They are also on special right now on live aquaria!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back