Latest GHL Software and Firmware

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still running the original P4 firmware, as well as the same version of GCC and firmware for all other GHL equipment since the P4 was released.
So I guess I have some updating to do. ;Nurse

1) All latest firmwares (not beta) and GCC running ok for everyone?
2) Still need to be plugged in via USB in order to update firmware?

3) This is for GHL.... have you guys thought about sending out email blasts when new firmware/software is released?

Thanks!

PmRg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still running the original P4 firmware, as well as the same version of GCC and firmware for all other GHL equipment since the P4 was released.
So I guess I have some updating to do. ;Nurse

1) All latest firmwares (not beta) and GCC running ok for everyone?
2) Still need to be plugged in via USB in order to update firmware?

3) This is for GHL.... have you guys thought about sending out email blasts when new firmware/software is released?

Thanks!
All fine here with the latest firmware... still GCC... only by USB.

email notitications on firmware releases... that would be nice.

Pedro

BCSreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been updating GCC and firmware all along and same experience as Pedro. The newer GCC has fewer bugs.

Bob

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. All good through all the updates, currently on 7.06.

2. GHL has always recommended that you update via USB. However, trust that firmware updates via the cloud is promising.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep a USB line plugged into the back of My profilux all the time. So it is easy to plug up and set up. don't always trust wifi with upgrades on PLC equipment.:)

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why am I not seeing any Profilux 4 firmwares under the Firmware heading in the Downloads section of the ghl website?

PmRg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why am I not seeing any Profilux 4 firmwares under the Firmware heading in the Downloads section of the ghl website?

All firmares are now inside GCC program folder... took me some time find this out lol didn't got GHL memo about this lol

Make sure you update wifi card firmware as well.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All firmares are now inside GCC program folder... took me some time find this out lol didn't got GHL memo about this lol

Make sure you update wifi card firmware as well.
Aha! I missed the memo too. lol
So i'm seeing three. 704, 705 and 706. Go with 706?

BCSreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aha! I missed the memo too. lol
So i'm seeing three. 704, 705 and 706. Go with 706?

Something I noticed is that they seem to release the GCC and firmware updates at the same time. So I always updated GCC, then down to the basement to update the firmware. All of it has gone smoothly.

Bob

rc1626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an FYI from my recent experience upgrading. Maybe someone else has had the same issue and knows of a resolution.

I tried upgrading from 7.02 to 7.06 with my laptop running Windows 7. Every time it came to input the COM port # I would go to device manager to find the port #. When I opened the Com port tab there would be the usbcom with a COM number with a yellow triangle showing an issue. When I right clicked it and looked under properties it stated something along the lines that the driver was corrupt and the device was not working properly. I would try to update the driver and it would tell me that the most recent driver is installed. So I tried deleting the driver and reinstalling but would get the same outcome. I then tried to do the update on my wife's laptop also running Windows 7 thinking my laptop maybe was the problem and had the same issues with hers.
Finally I decided to try the upgrade on my desktop running Windows 10. I ordered a longer USB cable that would reach my desktop and fortunately it finally ran the update without an issue. Not sure what the issue is with Windows 7 but the COM driver for the update never seemed to load correctly when needed.
Anyone else ever experience this issue?

Fishie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an FYI from my recent experience upgrading. Maybe someone else has had the same issue and knows of a resolution.

I tried upgrading from 7.02 to 7.06 with my laptop running Windows 7. Every time it came to input the COM port # I would go to device manager to find the port #. When I opened the Com port tab there would be the usbcom with a COM number with a yellow triangle showing an issue. When I right clicked it and looked under properties it stated something along the lines that the driver was corrupt and the device was not working properly. I would try to update the driver and it would tell me that the most recent driver is installed. So I tried deleting the driver and reinstalling but would get the same outcome. I then tried to do the update on my wife's laptop also running Windows 7 thinking my laptop maybe was the problem and had the same issues with hers.
Finally I decided to try the upgrade on my desktop running Windows 10. I ordered a longer USB cable that would reach my desktop and fortunately it finally ran the update without an issue. Not sure what the issue is with Windows 7 but the COM driver for the update never seemed to load correctly when needed.
Anyone else ever experience this issue?
i had the same thing happen with me, fusion windows instance running on mac had the orange triangle
i tried on my win 10 desktop and worked fine...

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something I noticed is that they seem to release the GCC and firmware updates at the same time. So I always updated GCC, then down to the basement to update the firmware. All of it has gone smoothly.

Bob
Hi Bob - As we release new features in Firmware, we often need to add to GCC to display/interact with the new features. As such we've found that the best way to release firmware is to bundle it with the updated versions of GCC to avoid confusion. :)

BCSreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Bob - As we release new features in Firmware, we often need to add to GCC to display/interact with the new features. As such we've found that the best way to release firmware is to bundle it with the updated versions of GCC to avoid confusion. :)

Hi Marco, I agree! It does seem the best way. I have had no issues since the P4 was set up.

Thanks, Bob

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 24.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back