Lawnmower blenny hoarding pellets

Subarody

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had this LMB in my QT for 12 days now and we wasn’t eating much in the first week but seems to be really liking these sinking pellets for algae eaters I’ve been giving him. I see him come out of his corner to start eating but will often pick up a pellet, chew it a bit, then spit it out. Then he moves on to a new one or sometimes continues with the same pellet but doesn’t seem to eat the whole thing at once. I come come back half hour later and all the pellets are gone and I’ve noticed a plump tummy so I assume he’s getting his fill.
Today I came back shortly after feeding and noticed he had collected all the pellets and brought them back to his corner. Anyone else experience this kind of behaviour?
710203A6-507F-45AF-8307-7CF463D116F7.jpeg

OP
OP
S

Subarody

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s pretty fun to watch. Tons of character! He appears to be eating the pellets well and picks at the nori sheets. I’m hoping he’ll start eating a little better before I introduce him into the display. There’s a bounty of algae awaiting for him:)

OP
OP
S

Subarody

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried a Nori clip for the LMB with any success?

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although mine is a Starry Blenny, he frequently nips/eats at my nori clips. He doesn’t mind fending off the tangs to get a bite

OP
OP
S

Subarody

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies. I have the rock/rubberband combo for my QT now but the clip seems less cumbersome on a regular basis in the display tank.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back