OP
OP
Little c big D

Little c big D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 weeks today running. All is still well. This week I added A small yellow watchman goby and pistol shrimp. as well as one more zoa frag. Next will be the citron clown goby. I plan for 3 more color variants of zoa for their rock. Then I will be on the look out for my first LPS once I'm happy with maintaining stable numbers. I'm not really testing much right now. Nitrates yesterday was 2. Alk 7 and PH 8.2. I plan to use the powder All for Reef to keep things simple! The pistol is bigger than the goby and is currently building his home so no photo yet!

Screenshot_20210820-104807_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
Little c big D

Little c big D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 Days from a month and I'm starting to get some green algae here and there. Lightly. Also the brown is coming. I hope for a short easy ugly phase but I'm prepared for it all. I added a small frag of red Zoas, 5 turbo snails, and a small hammer coral today. First stoney coral so we will see how it goes. Also added pods and now dose phytoplankton. Tested 8.26.21 Nitrate 2, Cal 490, KH 8...Need to run mag and still buy a Hannah PO4. All inhabitants alive and well.
20210826_203456.jpg

OP
OP
Little c big D

Little c big D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For personal record I'm about 3 days into what I believe to be a bacterial bloom. Tank is about 40days. I test every other day and am bottomed out via redsea pro on No3. Hanna Po4 low range should arrive any day. Otherwise Ph is maintaining 8.2 range. DKH 8.6 to 9. Mag is staying mid to low 1400s and Calc has been steady 450.

Also quite alot of bubbles on rock. Cyano stage is my guess. It's not getting terrible however. All coral fine. Clowns and pistol also. I lost one hermit, I'm assuming a fight over a shell. And my YWG jumped unfortunately. I have a DD jump guard also coming with the po4 tester

20210910_174750.jpg

OP
OP
Little c big D

Little c big D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is clearing up. Parameters still look steady. 9dkh 450calc 1380 mag, Ph 8.2.

Hanna Po4 arrived and I'm getting a 0 reading though, along with nearly nothing on the nitrate test either. Zoas and the jammer still look OK however. The suspected cyano has also receded quite a bit.

I assembled a DD jump guard and it is now on. Love the design of them. User friendly, cept for the screen part Not my Forte lol. Either way I'm ready to replace the YWG in the near future and add a few more different Zoas to the zoa rock.

You can see the hammer extended its sweeper to collect food when I spot fed it.

20210912_184432.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Little c big D

Little c big D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Numbers remain stable. Hammer is growing nicely. I plan to document the process of getting past the dinos. Currently I'm just maintaining a weekly sand bed vaccume and 10% WC as well. Dosing 30ml of algae barns phyto daily as well as 10ml of all for reef divided up. I will be ordering a dosing pump the weekend.
All live stock happy. Perhaps a few angry zoas

20210922_195338.jpg

OP
OP
Little c big D

Little c big D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My kaomer X1 doser is installed and working great! 1 less thing to do. The Dinos are holding firm. Coral seems unbothered. This seems to be the way of new tabks with dry rocks. I added an acan colony, Diamond goby, who has since paired with my pistol shrimp and a lawn mower blenny to help with algae, however I supplement food for it.

Attachments

• 20210924_150714.jpg
    20210924_150714.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 20210924_154716.jpg
    20210924_154716.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
Little c big D

Little c big D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dinos, perhaps aren't? My lawnmower blenny is eating the crap out of the brown spot, and I was certain they won't eat dinos? Either way I've switched my whites off. Corals have better color and are all open. I think the lighting change is helping my battle with the Dinos or whatever they are. I also added a birds nest to see if I'm ready to start the sps. So far all is happy. Also a clown goby I ordered arrived. I think that's it for the fish. Maybe some more snails and hermits...

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My kaomer X1 doser is installed and working great! 1 less thing to do. The Dinos are holding firm. Coral seems unbothered. This seems to be the way of new tabks with dry rocks. I added an acan colony, Diamond goby, who has since paired with my pistol shrimp and a lawn mower blenny to help with algae, however I supplement food for it.
Gorgeous acan colony! That’s a nice find! Tank is looking great!

OP
OP
Little c big D

Little c big D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the dinos are nearly gone. I ultimately chose no action. Coraline growing, the tank is coming together and I feel a big part of the current success is staying out of it, having a schedule and sticking to it! Corals are doing great! Acan looks great, zoas spreading, hammer is spawning 4 new branches. Also the tester bird nest is a few weeks old and as happy as can be.
Screenshot_20211012-195004_Gallery.jpg

Is a little foggy. I just upgraded to a syncra 3.0 sicce return pump and stirred up some junk! The diamond goby made an appearance at least!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Little c big D

Little c big D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a bit on the update. I recently added a UV for the dino problem. It's the water clarity had improved greatly! Never owned one before. The only loss to speak of is the clown goby whom lasted longer than I thought. I feel like the shipping stress did him in. He looked rough coming from the LFS. Other than some still irritated zoas, all is well!
Screenshot_20211026-134211_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
Little c big D

Little c big D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On Thursday I added some snails and more hermits. Still have the dinos, and still they haven't gotten out of control. I've turned lights and flow up for my latest editions of a green slimer and a chuck of ASD Rainbow Mille. Got a great price on the Mille. A cleaner shrimp as well, for the kids. So far for th 4 days in the Mille and slimer have looked great, polyps extended. I'm feeding reef roids every other day.
Screenshot_20211121-092005_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
Little c big D

Little c big D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while since an update. I added an aquatic life t5 hybrid fixture to supplement the 2 ai prime HD I have running. I had to get creative with the mount however.

Also I added some bio diversity through newsletter rock from TBSW. Loads of stuff there. And added a RBTA. Otherwise that's it and I'm letting the tank mature.
20220122_172801.jpg

OP
OP
Little c big D

Little c big D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's been a while. They apex has been so great. The trident has allowed me to dial in my numbers and realize I was over dosing. After another Dino bout I have things under control and more importantly stable!

What I am really here to share, I did did get some corals, as well as some major winning at the RAP raffle.... but I got a cowboy hat for the urchin! Made my day

20220507_142358.jpg
20220507_172339.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back