OP
OP
chriscq

chriscq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished setting up my mixing/water change station this weekend. No more lugging around 5 gallon buckets.
73574b6b8832d3b100ab878361469e5b.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great job! Can you explain how it's going to work?

OP
OP
chriscq

chriscq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job! Can you explain how it's going to work?
Thanks rev! It's a little hard to explain but I can sum it up. Water fills the right container with RO water controlled with a float valve. I can pump all the water from the right container to the left container using the mag pump that's plumbed in the middle. After that I can circulate the water around in the left tank and mix the saltwater. After the water is ready I'll connect my 1" hose to hose connection right above the pump and pump all the saltwater into the tank. Each water change will be roughly 50 gallons. I hope that made sense!

Sctip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank. Can't wait to see this mature. When did you change your T5 to the Hydras.

OP
OP
chriscq

chriscq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank. Can't wait to see this mature. When did you change your T5 to the Hydras.
Thank you! Last week one of our local stores went out of business and I grabbed the three hydra 26's and 6 AI SOLs for 800. I couldn't pass up that deal. I put the new sols on my tank because they're black and matched the tank way better. And then I sold the other sols for a little less than what I paid for them a year ago.

OP
OP
chriscq

chriscq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! This is my all time favorite tank dimension!
Thank you! It's coming along nicely. I'm also a pretty big fan of the 300DD tank. One huge problem though is that if a frag falls to the back of the tank it's nearly impossible to retrieve! I've started using a puddy/superglue combo which has helped. Just last week though I lost my pink lemonade acro back there and I still can't find it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back